Ahal ProvinceTurkmenistan, home to the capital, Ashgabat.
- — the country's largest city and national capital, home to an array of bizarre, enormous monuments and palatial buildings constructed by the late megalomaniacal dicator, Saparmurat Niyazov.
- — a town on the northern rim of the Kopet Dag mountain range.
- (Abadan) — a small city home to a large power plant.
- — a small town on th erim of the Kopet Dag mountain range.
- — site of the Turkmens' last stand against the Russian Empire.
- — a small city on the Hari River (Tejen River).
- — the Gates of Hell, an arresting, colossal flaming crater in the middle of the Karakum.
- — an eleventh century mausoleum south of Tejen.
- — the ruins of one of the most important cities of the Parthian Empire.
Ashgabat International Airport (ASB)