AnantapurAndhra Pradesh in India with historic forts and temples.
The primary language is Telugu. Getting along with English alone is also not very difficult.
By trainYou have Garib Rath service to Hyderabad /bangalore.
By busAlong with the government-operated APSRTC bus services, there are many private operators with very good bus services from Hyderabad, Vellore and Bengaluru.
Anantapur is well connected with outside city through Road-ways. There are above 8 private travels for Hyderabad (like, SNSMS, Sri Balaji, Kesineni, Diwakar, Ganesh...). Also, many other services to Bengaluru, and many short services to the nearby towns & villages.
One private service running from Kurnool to Vellore Daily, through Anantapur is also there.
Arts collegeto see ancient architecture.
Cheruvu KattaThis is holy place both for Hindus and Muslims. All the temples are located at one place (Shirdi Sai Baba, Ayyappa, Ganesh & Hanuman Temples)
Clock Tower.which is in the centre of the city
ISKCON Templeaddress: Hare Krishna Land, Somuladoddi, National Highway No.7just 7 km from town...ISCKON which has recently constructed.
Sarada Templeaddress: at SaradaNagarIt's a Peaceful place and Very famous.
BlooMoon Restaurantphone: +919739213876address: NH-7,Gooty,anantapurIT is Out door Restaurant
- Little Flowers College of Education
Bajjis- is famous in 1st road, near Police Training College
Dosa- is famous in I-Road Gurukrupa hotel, Sujatha Hotel, Indira Priyadarshini Hotel-near Clock Tower.
IDLY- is famous in Oldtown near to Krishna theatre, Mr.IDLY near Srikantam Circle
LASSI- is famous back to Medinova Hospital.
Oaligalu- yummy sweet dish in old town.
Poori- is famous opp. Emrald Restaurant.
- For non-veg.......Swathi daba is famous at Gooty Road.
Gongooras- at national highway towards b'lore.
Spice Touchnear Hotel Sapthagiri Balla is also good.
Adi Murthi Tiffin Center- Famous for varieties of Dosa's.
Madhu Restaurantis famous for north Indian dishes as per quality and price.
Amaravathi Lodgeat raju road
Annapurna lodgeaddress: at raju road
Nama Residencyaddress: at Subash Road
Sampoorna Lodgenear Sreekantam Circle
Sapthagiri Balla Lodgephone: +91 8554 220914-9
Komala Residencyphone: +91 8554 234356 (mobile)address: Beside APSRTC Bus stand, Opp. Petrol Bunk
- Karnataka neighbouring state.
- Aluru Kona you can visit this water fall near to Tadipatri is good to see.
- Babiah Dargah in Penukonda - Dargah of 12 Th Century Sufi Saint Hazrat Syed Shah Baba Fakruddin Saharwardy(R.A)
- Belum caves-- famous tourist attraction near Tadipatri.
- Dharmavaram - Famous for silk sarees. 40km from Anantapur city.
- Kadiri - Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple 90 km from Anantapur.
- Lepakshi - Biggest Nandi in India, and temples built between 13-14 century AD.14 km from Hindupur.
- Pennahobilam - Lord Narasimha Swamy temple on a hillock, 30 km from Anantapur.
- Penukonda - Forts and temples built by Sri Krishnadevaraya king. 65 km from Anantapur City.
- Puttaparthy - Abode of Sri Sri Sri Satya Sai Baba (Prashantinilayam) 34 km from Hindupur.
- Tadipatri, Hemavati, Penakacherla dam, PABR dam, Gooty fort, Rayadurg fort are the other places to visit.
- Timmamma marrimanu (Banyan tree) which covers an area of 5 acres and has its name in the Guinness book of records, 120 km from Anantapur.