Sourced from Wikivoyage. Text is available under the CC-by-SA 3.0 license.
Aracati is a city in Ceará. Being the administrative center of Canoa Quebrada, its main "attraction" for tourists is as a connecting point to the latter.
- Some buses between Fortaleza (3 hours) and Natal (6 hours) and/or Mossoró (2 hours) by Nordeste stop here.
- São Benedito runs more frequent, although somewhat slower buses to Fortaleza. R$ 15. Phone 85 3444 9999.
- Shared taxis leave for Fortaleza as soon as they are full, and will drop you off virtually anywhere in the city. R$ 25 per person. Arrive early! Hard to find co-riders after 8 AM.
- Minibuses leave for Canoa Quebrada from the cathedral (from the bus station walk 15 minutes straight along Av. Cel. Pompeu.) several times each hour, from 6 AM till midnight. 20 minutes, R$ 2.
- The local airport has recently been boosted to handle 737s. Now we are only waiting for the regular traffic.
- A huge Super Frangolandia supermarket on the outskirts of the city, direction Canoa Quebrada.
- Carnaval here is arguably the liveliest of the state, parts of the party being held in nearby Canoa Quebrada and Majorlândia.
Quite a few pousadas.