Ashland is a city in Northeast Ohio. It is the county seat of Ashland County.
phone: +1 419 281-4584address: 211 Claremont Ave
- Interstate 71, Ashland can be accessed by I-71 (U.S. Route 250 exit 186) which provides connection to Cleveland to the northeast and Columbus and Cincinnati to the southwest, running its course into Kentucky southwest to Louisville.
- U.S. Route 42 goes in and around the southern and eastern outer edges of the city of Ashland. It provides connection to Mansfield to the southwest and Medina to the northeast.
- U.S. Route 250 can be accessed by Interstate 71 exit 186 just east outside of the city limits of Ashland. The highway goes in and around the eastern and northern outer edges of the city of Ashland. It provides connection to Norwalk and Sandusky to the northwest and Wooster to the southeast.
- Ohio State Route 58 goes north to the city of Lorain from U.S. Route 250 on the northern edge of the city of Ashland.
- Ohio State Route 60 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to Hayesville to the south and New London to the north.
- Ohio State Route 96 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to U.S. Route 42 and U.S. Route 250 to the east and the city of Shelby to the west.
- Ohio State Route 511 goes through Ashland and through the downtown business district. It provides connection to Perrysville to the south and Oberlin to the north.
phone: +1 216 265-6030Cleveland Hopkins International Airport is Cleveland's main airport, located on the west side of the city. The airport is served by most of the major domestic airlines, and it is a hub for United Airlines.
phone: +1 419 289-3111address: 420 Center St
phone: +1 419 289-4142address: 401 College Avenue
address: 19 W Main StThis former private bank was started by the Freer Brothers in 1874. In 1917 the bank became known as The Farmers Bank. It is vacant now, but served as Maine National Bank in Portland, one of several banks where Andy, in Shawshank Redemption (1994), went in to cash out on the warden's money following his escape from prison. The other filming site is located in the Revival 2 Thrift Store three blocks north on Orange St (see below under 'Buy').
Ashland BalloonFestEarly July of each year. Hot air balloons fill the Ashland skies; this event runs until after dark when they light up the balloons. Family event, food. Free admission.
phone: +1 419 289-0466address: 2042 Claremont AvenueMid-September each year. There are other events held at the county fairgrounds at other times of the year that may be of an interest. Check the calendar on the website link.
phone: +1 419 289-5125address: 401 College Ave
address: 652 U.S. Highway 250 EastSports, camping gear. Very big place, worth the visit.
address: 1591 Township Road 1353Ohio maple syrup producer.
address: 668 U.S. Highway 250 EastFamily-run shop selling cheese and smoked meats.
phone: +1 419 903-0303address: 345 Orange StThey offer new & gently used merchandise such as household items, children’s toys, holiday decorations, clothing and shoes, movies, and more. The inside of the store served as a faux Trailways bus station in Shawshank Redemption where Red bought his bus ticket to Ft Hancock, Tx.
address: 1996 E. Main StOpen 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There are other businesses such as Buffalo Wildwings, Pulp Juice Smoothie Bar, GNC, Dollar Tree, etc surrounding the Walmart Supercenter.
address: 1055 Sugarbush Dr
address: 1320 Cleveland AveA bit difficult to find, but worth the effort. Reasonable prices, daily until 10PM.
The Dairy Baraddress: 733 Clark aveOne of the greatest greasy spoons in the entire universe. not easy to find, but well worth going out of the way for.
Kelly's Deliaddress: 622 Claremont AveAnother old school diner that does great breakfast. you get in and out for about six bucks. Lots of homestyle food at cheap prices.
Pumphouse Grilleaddress: 400 Orange StA nicer upscale restaurant in the middle of the old section of town. Food is reasonably priced, and very good. Not a burger and fries joint.
address: 1040 Sugarbush Drive
There are plenty of choices for alcohol. Most grocery stores carry it, as well as the gas stations, drive-throughs and convenience stores.
phone: +1 419-207-8400address: 1065 Claremont Ave
Except the Mohican Lodge and Surrey Inn most of the listed hotels in the below are located SE of town at US Hwy 250 & I-71 (Exit #186):
address: 2055 East Main Street
address: 1392 Enterprise Parkway (Township Road 743)
phone: +1 419 938-5411address: 1098 Ashland County Rd 3006, Perrysville OHSurrounded by 6,000 acres of Mohican State Forest and borders Pleasant Hill Lake. Hiking, swimming and boating are nearby. 96 guestrooms offering a private balcony. The dining room is also open Sundays with a great buffet for $12.95. A Ohio Department of Natural Resources facility.
phone: +1 419 496-0377address: 1423 Montgomery Road (County Road 1575)
phone: +1 419 281-8090address: 741 U.S. Highway 250 East
phone: +1 419 281-0567address: 736 U.S. Highway 250 East
phone: +1 419 289-7700address: 1065 Claremont Avenue
phone: +1 419 289-8307address: 530 Claremont Ave.In town zip code is 44805.
address: 224 Claremont AveOffers public computers and Wi-Fi.
address: 1025 Center St
- Ashland Times Gazette, is the only daily newspaper published in the Ashland, Ohio area.
- Charles Mill Lake
- Loudonville Recreation area.
- Mohican State Forest
- Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
- Pleasant Hill State Park and Lake
- Mansfield is about 30 minutes southwest on U.S. Route 42.
- Wooster is about 35 minutes southeast on U.S. Route 250.
- Canton is about 1 hour and 10 minutes southeast on U.S. Route 250 and east on U.S. Route 30.
- Cleveland is about 1 hour and 15 minutes northeast on I-71.
- Columbus is about 1 hour and 25 minutes southwest on I-71.