BalmasedaVizcaya, Basque Country.
A small and charming Basque town near the border with Burgos. Nestled in the mountains, it is an excellent base for exploring the wilderness.
By busBizkaiBus has service between Bilbao bus terminal and Balmaseda. Balmaseda does not have a bus station, so the drop-off point is the same as the pick-up point.
By trainFEVE runs two trains an hour to from Bilbao (Santander Station).
Balmaseda is small, so walking is the best way to get around.
Ayuntamientoaddress: San Severino Plaza, 1With its impressive columns.
- Old Bridge, Roman style medieval Bridge (XIII)
- Saint Severine's church (XIV)
- Balmaseda Historical Museum
- Horcasitas Palace
- Saint John's church
- Saint Roch and Saint Sebastian's hermitage (chapel) on top of mount Kolitza
- Santa Clara church and museum
- Good Thursday and Good Friday Passion play: Procession and representation of Christ's Last Supper, Judgement and Crucifixion by locals.
- San Severino festivals: 23rd October.
- Medieval market in March.
Las Piscinasphone: +34 946 80 14 72address: La Calzada Kalea 1,Restaurant
- Bar "Los Gemelos"
- Bar "Sauto"
- Many cafes and bars around Plaza San Severino have a great selection of tapas
Try any one of the cafes or bars in Plaza San Severino.
- Hotel San Roque Avda. Encartaciones, 2. tel 946 102 268
- Hostal Begoña Plaza San Severino, 12. tel 946 102 326
- Hostel/Pension Mendia c/Martin Mendia, 6. tel. 946 102 258
- Refugio Kolitxa Monte Kolitxa tel. 946 800 000
- Albergue El Peñueco Barrio el Peñueco tel. 629 535 249
- Albergue La Garbea Monte La Garbea tel. 946 800 000