Bay City (Texas)Gulf Coast region of Texas. It's on SH-35, about two hours from Houston, at the Colorado River.
Access exclusively by private car. From Houston, locate SH-35 (it crosses IH-45 just south of down town, inside the loop), and go south for about two hours.
Colorado RiverA different river that shares a name with the river that carved out the Grand Canyon passes through town.
South Texas ProjectA nuclear reactor, operates in the area.
phone: +1 979 245-6931address: 1100 7th StBooks, DVDS, Internet Computers, fax machine, copier, Children's programs, Teen programs, and more
phone: +1 979 245-3336Great place for bird lovers or to take your kids to experience nature.
Market Daysaddress: Around the CourthouseOn the third Saturday of the month, booths(of all kinds) surround the courthouse. You never know what you will find, and this is something you don't want to miss!
Ricardo's Mexican Restaurantphone: +1 979 245-1461address: 4408 7th St.
K-2 Steakhousephone: +1 979 245-6936address: 1701 8th StSome of the best food in town!
Jalisco's Mexican Restaurantphone: +1 979 244-4228address: 2416 Avenue FSurprise - Tex-mex!
China Chef Restaurantphone: +1 979 245-4931address: 907 Avenue FThe best Chinese food in town, but only one buffet table.
Glenn's Country Style Bar-B-Qphone: +1 979 245-1403address: 2901 6th St.Texas Barbecue.
Neon Moonphone: +1 979 245-5566address: 5212 7th StBeer bar. Karaoke and live music.
K8'sphone: +1 979 244-5283address: Corner of Ave I and 12th StBeer Bar. Karaoke, DJs, and Live music (Th-Sa). Thursday is Bike Night! One Wednesday a month is Metal Night. Themed nights including School Girl Night and Lingerie Night.
phone: +1 979 244-5400address: 407 Seventh St
phone: +1 979 323-9500address: 920 Avenue F
- Lake Jackson is a nearby city with some things to do.
- Surfside and Surfside Beach, Bryan Beach, and Quintana Beach are south of Lake Jackson on SH-36. There are wide stretches of beaches with vehicle access and few people (at least compared to Galveston). The fishing is often very good, especially for shark and redfish.
- West Columbia has some interesting buildings about a hundred years old.
- Palacios is about a half hour south on SH-35 and has lots of old interesting houses and interesting restaurants.
- Galveston makes a great day trip and scenic drive. Head north on SH-35 to Lake Jackson, then south on SH-36 until you come to the Bluewater Highway (CR-332). Head north east (left) and follow the coast. The toll bridge at San Luis Pass costs about $2. The road then becomes San Luis Pass Road (CR-3005) and continues to Galveston.
- Houston is a major city with endless things to see and do, and is about ninety minutes north on SH-35.