The town is small enough to be toured by foot. Taking a walk on the footpaths of the old town is a must!
The castleIt was mostly built in the 13th century, but with origins going back to the 4th century BC. A very beautiful place with great views of the surrounding area. Getting to the Kala requires a steep walk up a cobbled path - take care, the stones are worn and slippery. The citadel is still inhabited, with many churches, and there are a couple of bars and shops in the Kala area.
address: Rrugica Shën Triadhaat the site of a church, features the vivid iconography works of the famous 16th century painter Onufri and others. The museum hold other artifacts gathered form nearby churches and others around Albania.
Berat Ethnographic Museumaddress: Rruga Andrea TavanxhiuIt features traditional local furniture and house utensils.
Mangalem old town areaa traditionally Muslim area.
Gorica old town areaA traditionally Christian area.
- Numerous Byzantine Churches, dating from the 13th century.
St Mary churchaddress: next from Rrugica Panajot Haxhimihali
Church of St Demetrius
Church of St. Theodore
Church of St. Sophia
Holy Trinity Church
Saint Michael Churchaddress: Rruga e Shën Mëhilli
Cathedral of St. Bitriaddress: Rruga Antipatrea and Rruga Rilindja corner
- Several Mosques from the Ottoman era (starting from 1417).
Sahatit Mosqueaddress: Rruga Xhamia e Sahatit
Kuqe Mosqueaddress: Rrugica Mbrica
Bachelors' Mosqueaddress: Rruga Antipatrea
Mbret Mosqueaddress: Rruga Mihal Komnena
Tekke of Helveti
Lead Mosqueaddress: Rruga Gaqi Gjika
Tomorri MountainA national park. There is a Bektashi Temple at the mountain peak.
Bogova Waterfalladdress: Bogovë village
Osumi River CanyonOne of the most beautiful rivers in Albania passing through canyons as high as 100 meters. Outdoor Albania offers a 3-hour rafting experience inside the canyons.
- Take a walk on the peculiar Footpaths of The Old Town featuring exterior flower and plant decorations, tight paths and unique local hospitality.
- Horse ride at Gorica Hill.
- Take a walk along the main Promenade at sunset where locals hang out for some fresh air.
- Traditional souvenirs include stone carving, wood cheeping, and textile products.
- Rice with turkey-cock (Pilaf me kaposh deti)
- Mont Blanc pastry named after the white peak of Tomorri Mt
- Try the delicious figs and olives of the area.
- There is a traditional restaurant just inside the Kala area that does very good food.
phone: +355 32 230 014address: Rruga Llambi GuxhumaniAverage. Rooms: air conditioning, room service, Internet, bathroom.
Ajka RestaurantDelicious food with an excellent view.
- Try traditional Raki made from walnuts (Raki me arra), and peculiar juice made from roses.
phone: +355 3612 2088address: Ura VajguroreFeatures locally made wine and a winery tour.
phone: +355 693064429address: Rruga Nikolla Buhuri 295, GoricaBerat's hostel. Prices from 1350 lek
phone: +355 32 232 093address: Mangalem District
phone: +355 32 232355address: Rr. Llambi Guxhumani, Mangalem District
Lorenc Guesthouse & Hostelphone: +355 696337254address: Stiljano Bandilli Road, Porta 18Nice private guesthouse in an old quarter of Gorica. It's run by Lorenc and his mother, feels like home.