By trainThere are two stations in Bingen on the West Rhine railway (Linke Rheinstrecke:) Mainz – Bingen Stadt – Bingen Hauptbahnhof – Koblenz – Köln (Cologne)
Bingen (Rhein) Hauptbahnhof
- RE 2 Koblenz – Boppard – Bingen (Rhein) – Mainz – Frankfurt (Main) Flughafen Regionalbf – Frankfurt (Main) Hbf
- MRB 32 Koblenz – Boppard – Oberwesel – Bingen (Rhein) – Ingelheim – Mainz
- RB 65 Kaiserslautern – Enkenbach – Winnweiler – Alsenz – Rockenhausen – Bad Münster am Stein – Bad Kreuznach – Langenlonsheim – Bingen (Rhein)
Bahnhof Bingen (Rhein) Stadt
- RB 35 Worms – Monsheim – Alzey – Armsheim – Gau-Bickelheim – Gensingen-Horrweiler – Bingen (Rhein) Stadt
- RB 80 Bingen (Rhein) Hbf – Bingen (Rhein) Stadt – Ingelheim – Mainz – Frankfurt (Main) Flughafen Regionalbf – Frankfurt (Main) Hbf
By carThe town is north of the Nahetal Dreieck, the A61-A63 interchange. The A61 provides a good connection from northern and southern Germany.
For a more scenic and slower drive, the B9 from Bonn provides a good way to see the Middle Rhine Valley.
From Hesse the car ferry from Rüdesheim is a recommended journey. Take the opportunity to get out of the car during the crossing for a great views of the river and valley.
By bussee Intercity buses in Germany
- Bingen-Rüdesheimer cruise boat to/from Sankt Goar and Rüdesheim. They also operate a foot passenger ferry from Rüdesheim.
- The Köln-Düsseldorfer Rheinschiffahrt, better known as KD, runs cruises and scheduled services up and down the river between Cologne and Mainz, stopping in Bingen.
MäuseturmTower on island in the Rhine just down stream of the town. There has been some form of tower on the island for over a thousand year, the current one being build in 1855
Burg KloppRemains of medieval keep but mainly more modern buildings. Now houses town administration and a restaurant.
phone: +49 6721 990654address: Museumstraße 3Hildegard von Bingen
- Rhein-Nahe-Eck − Museum am Strom, Hildegarten
- Park am Mäuseturm in Bingerbrück. This park close to the railway station and the Mäuseturm is also a really nice place to hang out along the Rhine river if you find yourself having some time left and/or waiting for the train. You also get a nice view to the Niederwalddenkmal.
- Part of the Rhein-Radweg
phone: +49 6721 1867994address: Vorstadt 60
phone: +49 6721 14882address: Badergasse 36
phone: +49 6721 7960address: Museumstraße 3Quality hotel on the banks of the river Rhine
phone: +49 6721 14770address: Kapuziner Street 12
phone: +49 6721 14341address: Rheinkai 1-2