BollenstreekSouth Holland in the Netherlands. It is famous for its large flower fields that bloom in spring. At the same time of the year, almost one million visitors see the Keukenhof flower gardens in Lisse.
- — vibrant student city with a historic town centre
- — mostly visited in spring for the large Keukenhof flower garden
- — historical city with a nice beach.
- (Sassenheim, Voorhout and Warmund)
- — 800,000 visitors from all over the world visit this flower garden and the surrounding flower fields in spring
The bulb fields are a seasonal attraction, in the spring (end of March to the end of May). The main bulb-growing area is on the sandy soil behind the dunes, between Haarlem and Leiden. If you just want to see the flowers briefly, you can do that from the train between Haarlem and Leiden. There are also signposted cycle routes through the bulb fields, such as the Leidse Bollenroute, a 37 km route, starting at the rear of Leiden Station.