Burlington (Washington)North Cascades region of Washington State.
By planeBurlington does not have an airport with commercial service. You must fly into one of these airports and drive or take a bus to Burlington:
- Bellingham International Airport: closest airport with commercial service to Burlington but has limited connections. See Bellingham#Get in for more details. Get to Burlington by going south from the airport on I-5.
- Seattle International Airport: South of Seattle, this is the closest main airport. To get to Burlington from the airport, go north on I-5 for about 80 miles to Burlington. See Seattle#Get in for details.
- Vancouver International Airport: Although it lies across the international border, the airport really isn't that far and can be useful in some occasions. See Vancouver#Get in for details.
Burlington lies at the intersection of WA-20 and I-5.
- From Seattle, take I-5 north about 65 miles (a little more than an hour without traffic) to Burlington.
- From Vancouver take BC-99 and I-5 south for about 80 miles to Burlington.
- From Eastern Washington: in summer you can take SR-20 (the North Cascades Hwy) across from the Methow Valley area, in winter WA-20 is closed and you must take US-2 or I-90 to the Puget sound area and then drive north to Burlington.
By trainAmtrak Cascades offers service to the Mount Vernon station, which is next to Burlington, to Vancouver and Seattle.
Burlington has been overrun by sprawl-type restaurant chains. But there are still a few quality places to eat.
address: 624 E. Fairhaven Ave.The original location of the local family-run Mexican restaurant chain. They feature fresh ingredients and attention to authenticity from family recipes.
Tacos Guaymasaddress: 590 S Burlington Blvd.Tacos Guaymas is a locals' favorite featuring a variety of Mexican restaurant plates, and taqueria dishes. The burritos are delicious and huge.
address: 331 East FairhavenCafe Burlington specializes in local and homemade foods that emphasize the best of what Skagit County has to offer.
phone: +1 360-588-4821address: 1830 S Burlington Blvd.Japanese steakhouse where the chefs prepare your dish on a hot grill right in front of you. Also features a sushi bar, and many other Japanese food selections.
phone: +1 360 755-7338address: 1003 Goldenrod Rd