CamiguinMindanao in the Philippines.
Mambajao is the capital of Camiguin, and Catarman is the second largest town on the island.
The main local language is Cebuano, also called Bisaya. English and Tagalog are also widely spoken.
- The island has three ferry terminals: Guinsiliban, Benoni and Balbagon.
- From (Misamis Oriental province) there are 10 daily Super Shuttle ferries to , 75 min travel time, departure every 1.5-2 hours, . Balingon port is a 2-hour bus ride from Cagayan de Oro . or a 3-hour bus ride from Butuan. Two operators work on this route: Super Shuttle] (+63 88 387 40 34) and Philstone (+63 88 387 40 48).
- Super Shuttle ferries from Jagna (Bohol island) to , leaving Jagna daliy at 13:00 (and Balbagon in the opposite direction daily at 08:00) 4 hours, , operated by Super Shuttle Ferries (+63 88 387 40 34).
- Rent a motorcycle, usually /day.
- Take a jeepney around the island. Jeepney/van from Benoni to Mambajao cost .
- Take public or hired tricycles.
VolcanoesThe island of Camiguin is part of the Northern Mindanao earthquake epicenter. It is basically volcanic in origin and is entirely made up of deposits attributed to its volcanoes.
- Mt. Hibok-Hibok
- Mt. Vulcan
- Mt. Guinsiliban
- Mt. Mambajao
- Mt. Timpoong
- Mt. Tres Marias
- Mt. Uhay
Sunken Cemeteryaddress: Bonbon, CatarmanThe eruption of Mt. Vulcan from 1871 to 1875 buried parts of Catarman, including the town's cemetery. A large cross was built above the site of the old cemetery in 1982, as a reminder of the power of Mother Nature.
Guiob Church Ruinsaddress: Bonbon, CatarmanThe church, built out of coral stones, was also affected by the 1871 eruption of Mt. Vulcan. A chapel has since been built within the ruins, where Mass is also held on a regular basis.
Sto. Rosario Churchaddress: SagayThe church was built in 1882 using coral stones. It has undergone renovations over the years using indigenous and sustainable materials, including bamboo for the walls and columns, wood, and coconut materials. The apse is also covered with multicolored adobe stones.
Arden Hot SpringsMake a nighttime visit to these hot springs. It is the perfect time for a warm soak or swim. Drinks are served at the resort.
Katibawasan FallsA waterfall at 50 m. There are a few picnic benches and the water is cold and refreshing. A must-see!
Mantigue IslandAn islet with beautiful white sand and crystal clear waters off the coast of Maninog.
FiestaTalk to the locals and see if there is a fiesta happening on the island. It is a must-do!
- PNB Bank. Aranas Street Mambajao. has a 24-hour Visa card ATM.
- Salcedo Supermaket. Mambajao.
Gaisano Malladdress: P Reys Street, MambajaoThe first big mall on Camiguin, has a large supermarket.
- J R fastfoods. Mambajao.
- Rooftop Bar & Restaurant. Mambajao.
- Island Grill & Seafoods House. Mambajao.
Treehouse by the SeaA relaxing treehouse with electricity that borders the ocean. It includes a double bed and attached bathroom. Ask locals for directions - it is near the airport. It has a great view and friendly staff. For a reasonable price they will make meals for you.
Enigmata Treehousephone: +63 88-3870273address: BalbagonAnother set of treehouses nestled away on the northern side of the island
Jasmine by the sea beach resortphone: +63 88-3879015address: Bug-ong
phone: +63 88 3871041address: Bugos street ManbajaoFan/AC double rooms with own bathroom and cable TV. It has 49 rooms.
phone: +63 88-387-0077address: Agoho, MambajaoIn addition to accommodation, the resort arranges diving.
phone: +63 88-387-9146address: Agoho, MambajaoGeckos arranges daily diving and trekking trips.
Seascapephone: +63 910-920-6152address: Agoho, MambajaoOffers budget rooms set within a well-maintained garden and with great views of the sea. The restaurant serves good food at cheap prices. There is also a good deal on renting a motorbike if you stay there. Room rates are around in low season for a large room with its own bathroom (cold water only though). The staff are very friendly although not always easy to find.
- J R Pension House Mambajao. Double .
Laguna Lodgephone: +63-9199255609address: Tagaines Lagoon BenoniDouble rooms with own bathroom.
Cantaan Yacht Innaddress: Benoni townFan double room with own bathroom
J & R Fishpen Resortphone: +63 88-3874008address: Benoi townFan double with own bathroom
phone: +63 9474111189
Villa Felipa Transient Lodgephone: +63-9369606170address: Balintawak Streetfan single/double rooms
Amaya Hotelphone: +63-9264207070address: Camiguin Circumferential Road
Mikki,s Tourist innphone: +63 915 522 2217single/double fan room