address: Route 53N (Catawba Island Exit just north of Route 2)Free maps, brochures, discount tickets, restrooms.
phone: +1 419-734-6297address: 3255 E State RdA full-service facility with 4,000 sq ft and 5,650 ft crossing runways. Jet A and 100LL fuel is available. Passenger flights to nearby islands available on charter. Courtesy car available.
Catawba Island State Park
West Harbor Public Boat Launchaddress: 1955 NE Catawba Rd
address: 3000 N Carolina St.
address: 3072 NE Catawba Rd.Full Service Marina, Storage, & Repair Facility.
- From State Route 2, exit OH 53N and head north to the peninsula.
- From downtown Port Clinton, follow OH 163 east from town, turning left onto Sand Road. Be careful, as the speed limit on this road is , and is closely monitored by police.
There is a walking/biking paved trail on St Rt 53 North (AKA NE Catawba Rd.).
- Boat-Ski-Jet Ski Rentals
address: 4049 E Moore’s Dock Rd
Miller Ferry Catawba DockAt the end of Route 53 North. Known as Catawba Point. Ferries to Middle and South Bass Island (Put-in-Bay).
- Fishing Charters & Head Boats
- Scuba Diving
Freedom Boat Club of Catawba IslandEach location provides you with a fleet of boats that come with less stress and a lower price tag than owning a single boat. There are no hassles to worry about like cleaning, maintaining, or storing as the dock master does all the prep and post work. There are no costs like dock fees, winterizing, insurance or trailers. Instead you spend your time simply having fun.
Bergman OrchardsSells peaches, apples, strawberries, sweet corn, melons, tomatoes, pumpkins, baked goods, ice dream, etc.
Catawba Island has an agricultural history as well as a marine history. A lot of land on Catawba Island was dedicated to farming, vineyards, orchards, truck farms and such. Today development is converting much of this land for other uses. In the warmer months, however, you will find no lack of local vegetables and fruits for sale at the road side.
address: 3845 East Wine Cellar RoadGreat Dining room and Sunday Buffet.
address: Gem Beach Marina, 3000 N Carolina Street
address: 2940 E. Harbor Rd.32 beers on tap and wide variety of entrees.
address: 4112 N Crogan StHole in the wall bar/restaurant. They have an excellent 1-lb Lake Erie Perch Platter. They have bands Friday/Saturday 7pm to 11pm and Sundays 3pm to 7pm Most Summer weekends.
phone: +1 419 797-4553Located near the tip of Catawba.
phone: +1 419 732-7322Located in the southern part of Catawba.
phone: +1 419 734-3000Located on Sand Rd. just off SR 163.
Catawba Island is like a big playground for kids and adults, with a long shoreline. Things happen. If you are not familiar with small boats, keep in mind they move when you get in and/or least expect it. Make sure you wear or know where your life preserver is as soon as you get into a smaller boat. Lake Erie is a big and wonderful place, some areas like this have extreme traffic on the roads and water, both from commercial and pleasure craft. The Coast Guard is always looking for those who abuse the waterways and will not hesitate to arrest for drinking while operating a watercraft or other infringements. Play safely and no one will bother you.
address: 315 Madison Street
Catawba Island Township Police Departmentaddress: 4822 East Cemetery Road
address: 615 Fulton Street
Catawba Island Post Office
- Port Clinton
- Lake Erie Islands - Located west of Cleveland, a group of picturesque and festive islands in Lake Erie are accessible via ferry.
The islands listed below are either in Ottawa County or close to it. Some like Pelee, are in Canada, different fishing license required.
- Hen Island - Property of the Quinnebog Club.
- Green Island Lighthouse.
- Kelleys Island. Tourist destination (Erie County)
- Middle Bass Island. Tourist destination
- North Bass Island. Tourist destination
- Pelee Island. Tourist destination - Canada.
- Rattlesnake Island. Private island owned by a club, membership required
- South Bass Island. The most significant tourist destination containing the town of Put-in-Bay.
- Sugar Island.
- Turtle Island. Privately owned vacation homes
- West Sister Island Wildlife Refuge.
- Pelee Point Ontario, Canada mainland.