Central MissouriMissouri and home of the state capital Jefferson City.
NorthThese cities and towns are on or near the I-70 or US50 corridor from St. Louis to Kansas City:
- — state capital of Missouri
- — starting point of the Santa Fe Trail
- — the starting point of the Katy Trail
- — home of the University of Missouri - Columbia
- — site of Winston Churchill's "Iron Curtain" speech
- — birthplace of composer Scott Joplin, the "King of Ragtime."
- — close to the Truman State Park.
SouthThese cities and towns appear primarily along the former US Route 66 from St. Louis to Springfield:
- , home of the University of Missouri - Rolla
Columbia Regional Airport (COU)
The Santa Fe Trail originates in this region.