ChorzówSilesian Voivodeship). It is home to a number of tourist attractions, many of them near or on the border of the regional province of Katowice. It's home to Silesian Park, one of Europe's largest parks.
HistoryThe city of Chorzów was formed in 1934-1939 by a merger of 4 adjacent cities: Chorzów, Królewska Huta, Nowe Hajduki and Hajduki Wielkie. The name of the oldest settlement Chorzów was applied to the amalgamated city.
- Freeway A4: from German Autobahn A4 at Görlitz/Zgorzelec to Wrocław-Gliwice-Chorzów (Batory)-Katowice-Kraków (and towards Ukraine)
- Express Route (DTŚ): Katowice-Chorzów-Ruda Śląska-Zabrze
- National Route DK79: Katowice-Chorzów-Bytom
Three railway stations on two major routes:
- Katowice-Chorzów Batory-Gliwice
- Katowice-Chorzów Batory-Chorzów Miasto-Chorzów Stary-Bytom
- Katowice International Airport (KTW)
Silesian Zoological GardenLarge zoo situated on the border of Katowice and Chorzów
Silesian Amusement Park LegendiaThe oldest amusement park in Poland, on the border of Katowice and Chorzów.
- Planetarium and Astronomical Observatory
- Upper Silesian Ethnographic Park
- nature-landscape protected area "Żabie Doły" (at the border with Bytom and Piekary Śląskie),
- nature-landscape protected area of "Uroczysko Buczyna" (at the border with Katowice and Ruda Śląska),
- aquatic complex "Amelung".
Silesian Culture and Recreation ParkThe largest city park in Europe (the area of the park is 620 hectares) between Katowice and Chorzów. Among other things Silesian Stadium, Silesian Zoological Garden, Silesian Planetarium, Silesian Amusement Park, Upper Silesian Ethnographic Park and Katowice International Fair Grounds are located in the park. It also has a large rose-exhibition garden (7 hectares, 385 varieties of roses), a swimming-pool complex, a water sports center and a tennis court complex.
- Silesian Stadium is a former home stadium for the Polish national football team, and used for international football games and other events (for example, it has held the Speedway World Championships four times). The stadium also hosts large music concerts. Throughout its history it featured such artists and groups as The Rolling Stones, Metallica, Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, U2, Iron Maiden, Linkin Park, Pearl Jam and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- Teatr Rozrywki, a local theater