ChurChur is the capital of Graubünden in south-eastern Switzerland.
By planeZurich International Airport is the closest international airport to Chur. Direct trains run between Chur and the airport with a travel time of about 1 hour and 50 minutes, see SBB.
By trainBy rail from Zurich, which is 120 km away from the .
By carChur is situated near the A13 motorway, heading northbound to Zurich, and connecting southbound with the A2 motorway towards Lugano and Milan.
Chur is a very small city; much of it is easily walkable. There are taxis and buses, which operate on five different routes. Driving in Chur is possible. However, the old town of Chur is car-free. Trains from Chur to Chur West and Chur Wiesental in the north of the town are available.
Cadonau PärkliA lovely, little park. It is a good place to relax and read a book because it is rather quiet there. There are not many people and it is not as popular as the Fontana Park or the Quaderwiese because it is outside the city. But there are many beautiful flowers in the garden.
Fontana ParkOne of the most beautiful and popular parks in Chur. There are many beautiful flowers and a fountain. Many people of all ages go there to relax, read a book, sunbathe, talk, or enjoy the atmosphere. On weekends in the summer, it is a good place to enjoy an ice-cream.
QuaderwieseIt is the largest and most popular park in Chur. In summer, people go sunbathing, play football, or relax there. A lot of teenagers go there during their breaks. They also go there before they go out. But the Quaderwiese is also an ideal place for families.
TurnerwieseA very large and an ideal place for sports activities.
- Hiking or skiing - Go up the Brambrüesch (2,200 metres above sea level). In the winter, you can ski up there. There are a variety of runs - from easy to difficult.
- Swimming - Go to the swimming pool Obere Au. There are outdoor (50m, M-F 08:00–20:00, Sa-Su 09:00–20:00) and indoor swimming pools (25m, M-Th 08:00–21:30, F 08:00–21–00, Sa-Su 09:00–18:00). In addition to the outdoor swimming pools (50m, children's, and non-swimmer), there is a table tennis table, a football pitch, a volleyball field, and a place to barbecue. Inside, there are three pools (25m with 6 lanes, children's, and non-swimmer) and a slide.
- Trekking - You can hike from Haldenstein to Tamins. Take the train from Chur to Haldenstein and hike to Tamins (approx. 3 days) any time between June and October. You can eat in the huts along the route and sleep at the Calandahütte and the Ringelspitzhütte. To get back to Chur, take the bus from Tamins.
- First day (approx. 4 hrs): Haldenstein – Parfuoss – Arella – Oberberg – Pt. 1792 – Altsäss – Haldensteiner Alp - Calandahütte
- Second day (approx. 5 hrs): Calandahütte – Haldensteiner Tal – Rossboden – Felsberger Älplis – Taminser Älplis – Pt. 2008 – Balsura – Kunkelpass – Pt. 1461 – Beim Ahorn – Grossalp – Ringelspitzhütte
- Third day (approx. 2 hrs): Ringelspitzhütte – Lawoibach – Hinter Säss – Vorder Säss – Sgaiwald - Tamins
phone: +41 81 252 14 57address: Goldgasse 22
phone: +41 81 253 08 80address: Postplatz
Zunfthaus zur Rebleutenphone: +41 81 255 11 45address: Pfisterplatz 1
phone: +41 81 252 24 58address: Masanserstrasse 40Cantonese cuisine.
phone: +41 81 250 55 15address: Hartbertstrasse 10Italian cuisine
address: Welschdörfli 19
address: Kronengasse 3 / Masanserstrasse
address: Malixerstrasse 32
address: Kasernenstrasse 10
address: Poststrasse 11
address: Ottostrasse 8
address: Welschdörfli 2
address: Reichsgasse 18
address: Reichsgasse 11