CortezCortez is a small city in the Rocky Mountains state of Colorado. It is in the general vicinity of Mesa Verde National Park, Hovenweep National Monument and Canyons of the Ancients National Monument.
phone: +1 800 554-5111
- Budget Rental Cars operates out of Cortez airport. +1 970 564-9012
- Hertz Rental at Cortez airport. +1 970 565-2001 Daily 9AM-10:30PM.
- The Crow Canyon Archaeological Center is near Cortez. A not-for-profit organization, 170-acre research center and "living classroom" dedicated to involving the public in the study of archaeology and native American cultures. Offers experiential education programs for students and adults.
Francisca's Fine Mexican Foodphone: +1 970 565-4093address: 125 E. Main St"Fine" may overstate it, but the basic Mexican offerings (most with a New Mexican twist) are acceptable and reasonably priced.
Main Street BreweryOn the main strip, this pub has their own microbrews which are very good but go there for the awesome murals and their cheeseburgers. They raise their own beef and the result is just amazing.
Koko's Friendly Pubaddress: E. Main
Best Western Turquoise Inn & Suitesphone: +1 970 565-3778address: 535 E. Main StBasic but acceptable lodging on the main drag through town.
phone: +1 970 565-3400address: 2321 E. Main
phone: +1 970 565-3474address: 2020 E. Main St
phone: +1 81321 800-626-5652address: 2121 E. Main
phone: +1 970 565-3761address: 1120 East Main
- Anasazi Heritage Center and McPhee Reservoir
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Hovenweep National Monument
- Canyons of the Ancients National Monument
- San Juan Scenic Skyway
- Durango has its attractions, including the Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
- Ute Mountain Ute Tribal Park, which also operates the Ute Mountain Casino
- Four Corners National Monument, located southwest of town on US-160, this is where New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, and Utah meet at the same point. People like to get on their hands and knees so that they can touch all four states at once. Entry fee is $3. The monument closes at 5PM.