County TyroneIrish: Tír Eoghain) is a county in Northern Ireland.
Towns and villages
- Cookstown (An Chorr Chríochach) - Famous for its long and wide main street and the scenic Sperrin mountains
- (Dún Geanainn, "Geanann's stronghold") - and The Argory an atmospheric Irish gentry house
- Omagh (An Ómaigh, "the virgin plain") - nearby is the Ulster American Folk Park
- (An Srath Bán, "the white strath") - where John Dunlap (printer of the United States Declaration of Independence) learnt the printing trade.
- Coalisland (Oileán an Ghuail)
- (Eochair, "edge/border")
- Castlederg (Caisleán na Deirge, "castle on the Derg")
- (an Goirtín, "the small enclosed field")
- (Cabhán a' Chaorthainn)
- Sion Mills (Muileann an tSiáin)
- (Ard Bó, "height of the cows")
There are regular buses from Belfast, Derry and Enniskillen but no train services into the area. The M1 from Belfast for the south of the county, the M2 from Belfast to the north of the county.
Car is the most convenient but there are some [http://www.translink.co.uk/ Ulterbus services covering the area.