Crianlarich is a village in Stirlingshire, about 6 miles north-east of Loch Lomond with a population of less than 200.
- Crianlarich is the meeting point of the major A82 and A85 roads, hence the reason it is seen as a primary destination in Scotland.
- The village is served by Crianlarich Railway Station on the West Highland Railway and services are operated by Scotrail. The line diverges west to Oban and north to Fort William and Mallaig after the station. Crianlarich is also served by the 6 days a week Caledonian Sleeper service from Fort William to London Euston.
- Scottish Citylink operate frequent daily bus services to and from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Stirling, Perth, Oban and Fort William. The main bus stop is beside the Crianlarich hotel.
- Walk, cycle or use a car.
- is a Munro at 1174 m / 3842 ft. Common approaches are from Benmore Farm off A85 and straight up the steep ridge; or follow the burn of Allt Coire Chaorach then head for the ridge of Sròn nam Fòirsairean once clear of the forest. It's often combined with the secondary peak of Stob Binnein.
- Crianlarich is about mid-way along the West Highland Way between Milngavie and Fort William.
- Killin Highland Games are held in Breadalbane Park in Killin in early August. The next event is Wed 5 Aug 2020.
phone: +44 1838 300245address: Station Road, FK20 8QNGeneral store and Post Office.
See the Sleep section for details of the Crianlarich Hotel and Ben More Lodge Hotel.
phone: +44 1838 300271address: Main Street, Crianlarich FK20 8QNDecent bar food.
- Crianlarich Hotel: see Sleep. Bar open year round, walkers and outdoor folk welcome. Roaring log fires in winter.
- Ben More Lodge: see Sleep. Traditional pub with beer from Oban Ales, Belhaven and others, and good range of malt whiskies.
phone: +44 1838 300272address: Main St, Crianlarich FK20 8RW3-star hotel with 36 en-suite bedrooms, quiet & comfy.
phone: +44 1838 300210address: Crianlarich FK20 8QSComfortable lodge hotel with restaurant, dog-friendly.
phone: +44 1838 300260address: Station Rd, Crianlarich FK20 8QNHostel fully open April-Oct; Nov-Mar F Sat only. Good value accommodation with a warm welcome, close to transport.
phone: +44 1838 300236address: Crianlarich FK20 8QSFriendly, clean & comfy B&B, open all year.
phone: +44 1838 300240address: Crianlarich FK20 8QSFamily run bed and breakfast. Children and pets welcome, free wifi. Also has self-catering cottages.
- The Scottish Tourist Board can be contacted on 0845 225 5121.
Stay in CrianlarichA guide to where to stay, and visit around Crianlarich