- — the national capital, surrounded by but not part of the Cundinamarca Department.
- — a friendly, but otherwise non-notable suburb of Bogotá.
- — famous for its spring-like weather and its flowers (especially orchid plantations).
- — tropical climate 3 hours from Bogota makes that town a popular destination.
- — a popular week end destination for Bogotanos. Excellent rock climbing.
- — 40 km north of Bogotá, and known for its Salt Cathedral.
Some of the roads outside Bogota are quite basic and 4WD can be an advantage.