- Old town-centre & quay-side.
- Dunvargan Castle is a polygonal 12th C keep. It's open June-Sept daily 10:00-18:00.
- Waterford County Museum, Augustine Street.
- Walton Park (near town-centre).
- Clonea Beach (blue-flag award).
- Helvick Head (scenic peninsula, in gaelic-speaking area).
- Traditional music at Mooney's Bar in Ring village.
- Ardmore village (25km west of Dungarvan). Of all the coastal towns in County Waterford, Ardmore stands out as the perfect getaway. It has a beautiful and important early Christian site, a pristine Blue Flag beach, a stunning cliff walk, a fine craft shop, an excellent restaurant, comfortable seaside accommodations, and a quaint town recently named Ireland's tidiest.
- Lismore Castle (25km north-west of Dungarvan).
- Comeragh Mountains
- Knockmealdown Mountains
- Multi-screen digital SGC Cinema (beside shopping centre).
- Walk or cycle on 6km scenic track from town-centre to Clonea beach.
- Swim at very safe Clonea beach (weather permitting).
- Walk 2km across Dungarvan Bay on the Cunnigar sand-spit (its also a bird sanctuary).
- Forest walks at Colligan Woods (5km north of town) or Glenshelane (near Cappoquin village).
- Visit Mahon Falls in the heart of the Comeragh Mountains.
- Visit the library at the quay-side.
- Spend a day ocean fishing on a charter boat (enquire at quay-side).
- Take a hot seaweed bath at Helvick Head.
- Visit the Copper Coast geopark near Bunmahon village.
- Go surfing at Bunmahon beach (advanced surfers only).
- Climb Sugerloaf Hill in the Knockmealdown Mountains.
- Play golf at 3 different courses within 5kn of town.
- Go hill-walking in the Nire Valley (near Ballymacarbery village).
- Go on a scenic loop drive to Cappoquin, Lismore, The Vee, Goatenbridge, Newcastle, Ballymacarbery, and back to Dungarvan.
- Swim in a pool at the Park Hotel, Clonea Strand Hotel or Gold Coast Hotel.
- Dungarvan Shopping Centre (mall with approx 20 shops).
- Old town-centre (many small shops & boutiques).
- Lidl (discount supermarket on N25).
The TanneryFamous restaurant.
Nude FoodQuirky & chic cafe.
- Black Rock stout from Dungarvan's award-winning micro-brewery.
- Nice pubs in town (Merrys, Moorings, Lady Belle, The Anchor, Davitts & lots more).
The Park Hotel
The Tannery TownhouseA very nice boutique guesthouse.
Barnawee Bridge B&B
- Large camp-site with good facilities at Clonea Beach (6km from town).
- Rent a holiday-house at Ballinacourty (5km from town). Enquire at Gold Coast Hotel.
phone: +353 58 42899address: Dungarvan
- Internet access at library on quay-side.
- Internet cafe Sip-n-Surf beside Davitts Bar