East Central FloridaFlorida is in the United States.
Nicknamed the "Space Coast" for the home of Kennedy Space Center, and home of the Brevard County Manatees baseball team.
A destination for many natural attractions, including part of Ocala National Forest, part of Lake Woodruff National Wildlife Refuge, Lake Griffin State Park, Lake Louisa State Park, and Rock Springs Run State Reserve.
Home to Orlando and Walt Disney World.
Home of Houston Astros Spring Training Baseball.
Roughly the size of Rhode Island, the county promotes the area as being the "Fun Coast," as the local area code 386 spells out the word "fun."
- - Home of the Citrus Tower and the President's Hall of Fame
- - Home of the Kennedy Space Center and Port Canaveral
- - Beach community near Kennedy Space Center
- - Home of Daytona International Speedway and the Daytona Cubs baseball team
- - Offers miles of beautiful beaches
- - Home of Universal Studios and SeaWorld
- - Offers miles of beautiful beaches
- - Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens
English is the official language of the state. However, the Spanish language is making inroads throughout the state. Native-born Floridians will usually speak in a southern accent. However, after the migration of millions of Americans from other states to Florida, the southern dialect is becoming diluted with other accents.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) - your choice airport for Disney World and the surrounding attractions. Located south of Downtown Orlando, this airport offers car rentals and free shuttles to Disney World for visitors.
- Orlando-Sanford International Airport - located in Sanford, which is north of Orlando. Orlando-Sanford is geared to airlines that operate charter services, such as Allegiant Airlines in the United States, and a host of flights from the United Kingdom. Icelandair in recent years moved their operations from Orlando International to here, providing nonstop flights to Iceland. The airport is approximately 25 miles (40 km) north of Orlando International Airport.
- Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB) - The largest airport in Volusia County, which is served by Delta, JetBlue, and American Airlines.
- Melbourne International Airport (MLB) - Fly directly into Melbourne Beach and hop right on to a surf board!
By busEast Central Florida is served by Greyhound Bus Lines, which has scheduled stops in Orlando and other cities. The Greyhound routes connect with other major cities in the United States of America.
phone: +1-855-724-5411Sun Rail is a north-south train on weekdays through Sanford, Orlando, and Kissimmee, from Poinciana at its southern end, and DeBary at its the northern end. Bus connection is provided from Orlando International Airport to the Sand Lake Road station by Links 11, 42 and 111; and from Orlando-Sanford International Airport to the Sanford station by Link 46E.
- LYNX - Public transportation by Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority. With the main hub centered on Orlando, bus service provided in Osceola, Orange, and Seminole Counties. Some buses link to neighboring counties. Service to Disney World is available.
- SCAT - Public Transportation by Space Coast Area Transit, offers bus service around Brevard County.
- VOTRAN - Volusia County Transportation service. Offers buses, shuttles, special services for the disabled and elderly. Connection offered with LYNX to reach Orlando.
- John F. Kennedy Space Center Visitor's Center in Cape Canaveral
- Canaveral National Seashore - 24 miles of undeveloped beach, sea turtle nesting.
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge - Manatee, bird, and other wildlife watching, hiking, canoeing and kayaking.
- Public Beaches - Brevard County and Volusia County.
Surfing in Cocoa-Rockledge and Daytona Beach
address: 800 Scallop DrDeep Sea Fishing Charters leaving from Cocoa Beach and Port Canaveral on East Central Florida's Space Coast. Catch Dolphin,Wahoo,Sailfish,Grouper and many others. Children Welcome.
- Titusville Rock Shrimp and other local seafood are specialty.
- Rockledge has some interesting dining.