East FlandersFlanders (Belgium). Its capital is Ghent. Four major rivers - Scheldt (Schelde), Leie, Dender and Durme - run through the province area and lend their name, fame and strength to the region.
- Ghent — capital of the province with an impressive amount of medieval heritage and a numerous student population.
- — famous for its carnival.
- Berlare — the Nieuwdonk and Donkmeer lakes attract many people for recreational walks during the summer.
- Deinze — mostly famous for its picturesque banks of the Lys river and the Ooidonk castle.
- — centre of the regional horticulture.
- — small town in the south of the province. Its location in the Flemish Ardennes makes it a great place for cycling.
- — a former heaven for artists, it has a few museums of regional painters.
- - gateway to the hills of the Flemish Ardennes. Close ties with Lamoral, Count of Egmont: Egmont's castle, Egmont's museum, Egmont's crypt and two statues. Leeuwergem and Breivelde castles. Archaelogical Museum 'Archeocentrum Velzeke'. Cobble-stoned Paddestraat well-known from the Tour of Flanders.
DonkmeerA large lake in Berlare.
CyclingThis is the region where the famous Ronde van Vlaanderen (Tour of Flanders) takes place. Most often the more hilly areas in the southern part of the province are used. Ride the same hills and cobbled sections as the pros. Other pro races that happen in this region: Gent-Wevelgem, Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne, Omloop Het Niewsblad, Dwars door Vlaanderen, E3 Harelbeke.
- Mattentaarten, a local speciality from the town of Geraardsbergen.