East Hampton is a town on Long Island in New York. It is the eastern half of The Hamptons. It includes the hamlets of Montauk, Amagansett, Wainscott, Napeague Springs, and Sag Harbor.
You can drive the Long Island Expressway and Sunrise Highway from New York City to get to East Hampton.
MacArthur Airport (ISP) is the only reasonably close airport nearby. It serves flights nationwide, and is about 70 minutes away.
address: 200 Daniels Hole RoadOffers a larger runway suitable for light jets. Charter companies such as Air Charter Advisors and Sound Aircraft Services offer flights at both MTP and HTO, with aircraft rentals ranging from single & twin engine propeller planes to luxury business jets.
Ferries travel from Orient to New London. It takes about 75 minutes to cross the Long Island Sound.
The Long Island Rail Road connects Manhattan with East Hampton. Tickets are from 18 to 25 dollars.
The Hampton Jitney is a bus line that travels from Manhattan to East Hampton and other destinations on the North Fork and South Fork. Tickets are $30 each way ($53 round trip); reservations are not required, but recommended.
Trains travel from village to village, along with Suffolk County Transit buses.
The Hamptons has some of the most naturally beautiful beaches. They have ocean beach and bay beaches which tend to be less crowded and calmer. Main Beach in East Hampton is the most popular, where you will find the rich and famous lounging. Many enjoy Georgica Beach as well which is equally beautiful but less crowded and is lined by mansions and estates.
Art Galleries: A very popular in the Hamptons especially during "the season" where there are usually art shows every night.
- Ann Kolb Art Gallery- Located on Main Street in East Hampton, features American crafts and folk art. +1 631-324-3443
- Wallace Art Gallery- Located on Main Street in East Hampton, features 19th and 20th century American art. +1 631-329-4516
- Wally Findlay Gallery- Located on Main Street in East Hampton, features old masters, impressionists and contemporary artists.
Napeague State Park
Cedar Point County Park
East Hampton Main Street Shops:
Saks Fifth Avenuephone: +1 631-283-3500address: 50 Main Street East Hampton
Edward Archerphone: +1 631-283-2668address: 85 Main Street East HamptonClothing and Furniture
Coach Factory Storesphone: +1 631-329-1777address: 60 Newtown Lane East Hampton
Tory Burchphone: +1 631-907-9150address: 47 Newton Lane East Hampton
- Main Beach Surf and Sport- Main beaches’ resource for surfing, kayaking and stand up paddling equipment for purchase or rental. Open 7 days a week 10AM-6PM (Sunday to Friday), 9AM-6PM (Saturdays) located on Route 27 Wainscott, New York. +1 631-537-2716
- Reform Club Inn- Has seven suites and three cottages decored in a low-key beachy style. Recent tenants suggest springing for one of the three private cottages. Located in Amagansett, New York. +1 631-267-8500
phone: +1 631 324-9766address: 31 North Main StA gracious inn with beautiful rooms, spectacular child and dog friendly suites, and arguably the best breakfast in the Hamptons.