East Henan is the eastern part of Henan, China. It includes the prefecture-level cities of Kaifeng, Zhoukou and Shangqiu.
- (开封) — One of the Eight Ancient Capitals in China, famous for being the capital of Northern Song dynasty.
- (周口) — The homeland of Fu Xi (伏羲), Laozi (老子) and Yuan Shikai (袁世凯).
- (商丘) — The easternmost city of Henan. An important railway hub of China. The first capital of Shang Dynasty.
- (兰考) — The place where Jiao Yulu (焦裕禄) once worked, now a shrine for Chinese politicians.
- (永城) — Lots of Han Dynasty relics, including the famous Mangdang Mountain (芒砀山).
- (项城) — Here locates the former residence and palace of Yuan Shikai (袁世凯).
- (淮阳) — Feel devotion to Fu Xi in Taihao mausoleum (太昊陵).
- (民权) — The homeland of Zhuangzi (庄子).
- (宁陵) — Pear gardens everywhere.
- (朱仙镇) — One of the Four Ancient Towns in China, the place where Yue Fei (岳飞) once fighted against the Jin.
This region is the main agricultural area of Henan Province. Located in the hub of the birthplace of China, every city has a history of over 2,000 years.