is a city in Albania
There are a lot of bus lines, which connect cities in Albania. You can go at the bus station and ask for the bus which can take you to your destination. Every big or small city has one.
There are Urban Buses available throughout the city.
The city center is small and it's possible to explore it by foot.
It is very comfortable to visit everything, but space is a problem in the city so be prepared for a lot of traffic and parking space pro
This form of transportation comes a lot in hand because it allows you to visit the city really fast by not stucking in traffic. There are a lot of shops where people can rent bikes by hour, days, etc with low cost.
- History Museum of Fier and traditional costumes section in particular
- Public Library of Fier
- The Puppet Theater
Archaeological Museum of Apollonia - The museum contains many archaeological treasures found during excavations and expeditions in the area, you can visit first floor rooms along the monastery walls, six separate halls dedicated to the exhibition of prehistoric to Roman-era including baked clay pottery items, ceramics, vessels decorated with Hellenic mythological images
Archaeological site of Bylis, in Hekal village
The ruins of the Church of Saint Mary, in Ballsh
The Castle of Gjon Bocari is located in the village of Tragjas and was built in the 16th - 17th centuries. The walls form a rectangle, with a width of 1.25 meters and a height of 5.5 meters,
Saint George Cathedral
Apollonia - Was a Greek colony, an Illyrian & then a Roman town until its decline. You can see remains from all periods, some of them well preserved, others less so. The well-presented museum is within a monastery which also has a beautiful 13th church, and a late Roman mosaic in the refectory. You will need two hours for a good visit and even then can't see everything. Start with the Forum, then walk along the Great Stoa to the cistern
St Mary Church - built between 1250-1270 upon the remains of an older church. Is the part of the Orthodox Ardenica Monastery
- Monastery of Saint Mary at Apollonia
- Archaeological site of Apollonia
- Excavations and the Monuments of Apolonia
- Monument of Agonothetes
- Library and the Odeon
- House with Mosaics
- Museum of Apollonia
- Apollon International Theater Festival
- Fieri International Film Festival
- Petulla - fried pancakes
- embelsire me miser - dessert with corn
- Eat the "pizza in hand" from Pizza Roma, a small pizzeria across the genie.
- Ice cream and sweets in the sweetshop "Apollonia".
- Traditional burek in restaurant "Albes".
- Hotel Shkelzeni has a standard price of 1500 lek per person per night. The rooms each have 2 beds and a terrace and it's clean. We were able to negotiate a better price with the nice man at the front counter named Mr. Bush (who is very friendly and speaks great English). Its in the city center near the giant ball on Jakov Xoxa street.
- Hotel International is €50 per night per room and very nice; It's also in the city center. Also there is a new hotel which is called Hotel Fieri. It's one of the best hotels in Fier and it doesn't cost a lot. In this hotel you can find a really good restaurant and near the hotel there are many clubs and there are other things that would be entertaining for you or your family.