Fort Walton BeachEmerald Coast region of Florida, forty miles east of Pensacola.
US 98 connects Fort Walton Beach with Pensacola and Panama City. It also connects with nearby Destin. Florida 85 connects the area with I-10.
Fort Walton Beach has two main arterials. The Miracle Strip Parkway (US 98) travels along the seacoast and through Eglin Air Force Base, and the Eglin Parkway (Florida SR 85) links the city with Okaloosa Regional Airport.
phone: +1 850-243-9046address: 1010 Miracle Strip ParkwayAdmissions are open from 9AM until 4PM. Park closes at 6PM.
Indian Temple Mound and Museumaddress: 139 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE
phone: +1 850 882-4062address: 100 Museum Dr
- Visit the beach.
- Billy Bowlegs Festival, pirate themed street party early each June.
- Antique stores and shops along Highway 98 / Miracle Strip Parkway across from the Indian Temple Mound.
Ft. Walton Beach has many restaurants, including:
- Anglers by the base of the pier on Okaloosa Island
The Breakfast Club
address: 203 Brooks StWaterfront views, good food and drink. Often have small live bands in the evenings.
Taj Mahaladdress: 217 Miracle Strip ParkwaySouthwest. Indian food. The tasty food and entertaining belly-dancer compensate for rather indifferent and amateurish wait staff.
- Fish Lipz, listed at "Eat" above
address: 100 S.W. Miracle Strip Pkwy
address: 380 Santa Rosa Boulevard
address: 573 Santa Rosa Blvd
phone: +1 850 243-9161address: 1500 Miracle Strip Parkway
- Super 8 Miracle Strip Parkway. Some rooms with jacuzzi tubs.