Gifhorn is a town in Lower Saxony, in northern Germany in the south of Lüneburg Heath.
Gifhorn is a town with a population of 42,000 in Lower Saxony situated between Celle, Wolfsburg and Brunswick.
Gifhorn is well sign posted from the Autobahn (A2/A391 Brunswick (Germany) Braunschweig) or from Celle.
The rail station is a stop along the Braunschweig-Uelzen and Berlin-Hannover lines.
Your won't necessarily need a car. The town's centre is relatively small and can easily be navigated by foot.
phone: +49 5371-55050address: Bromer Straße 2In this open-air museum, you can see 16 original or reconstructed mills from all over Europe.
address: SchlossplatzFive permanent collections give visitors an insight into the historical development of the district Gifhorn. From prehistoric times to the present.
address: Bromer Straße 4Canoeing and boat trips along the River Ise, or Mühlensee Lake.
address: Schlossplatz 1
phone: +49 5371 58111address: Cardenap 1
address: Braunschweiger Straße 4
address: Torstraße 11
address: Bromer Straße 4
address: Steinweg 33
address: Im Achtertor 2
- Otter Centre in Hankensbüttel
- The Lüneburg Heath (Lüneburger Heide) — is an extensive region of heath and farmland which has become a popular holiday and excursion destination (100 km / 62 mi).
- Celle — admire the rows of timber-framed houses and the Baroque-Renaissance Celle Castle
- Wolfsburg — home of the Volkswagen ( 22 km / 14 mi).
- Brunswick (Braunschweig) — the Lion City and centre of scientific research (27 km / 17 mi).