RoadThe B6 (Trans-Kalahari Highway) is the main road between Namibia and Botswana and passes through Gobabis.
Route C30 is a secondary road that runs north west from Gobabis via Steinhausen to the C22 just South of Otjiwarongo. It is a more direct alternative route to the Waterberg Plateau Park in the Otjozondjupa region.
RailAt this stage the railway line from Windhoek terminates in Gobabis but it does not carry any passengers. The proposed Trans-Kalahari Railway may pass through this town.
- Cattle Country Statue at the southern town entrance, directly on the B6
- Churches: Gobabis is the 'Town of the Churches' in Namibia. 14 historic churches are in town, all major denominations are represented.
SparA well-stocked supermarket with breakfast bar.
There are numerous lodges and campsites in and around Gobabis.
- Goba Lodge is on the outskirts of town and overlooks a dam.
- Nossob Safaris provides bunk-style and backpackers accommodation about 12 km out of town on Route C30.
- Men on Safari undefined is gay owned an gay friendly accommodation.