Sourced from Wikivoyage. Text is available under the CC-by-SA 3.0 license.Goiana is a city in Pernambuco, Brazil. Historic buildings, beautiful beaches and original cultural manifestations are the main touristic attractions.
By PlaneFly into Recife's Guararapes International Airport (REC).
By carFrom Recife, take BR-101 north. Goiana is 78 Km north of Recife.
Bus Stationphone: +55 81 3626-0130address: Avenida Marechal Castelo Branco
- Our Lady of Carmel Church and Convent of Saint Albert of the Carmelites (Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Carmo e Convento de Santo Alberto das Carmelitas). Built in 1666.
- Our Lady of Blackmen Rosary Church (Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Rosário dos Pretos). Built in 1596. Houses a Museum of Sacred Art.
- Our Lady of Whitemen Rosary Church (Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Rosário dos Brancos). Built in 1705.
- Tejucupapo. Site of the 1646 Tejucupapo Battle, in which local women defeated Dutch troops. An obelisk (built in 1931) celebrates the victory of the Tejucupapo Heroines.
- Our Lady of Ó Church (Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Ó). Built in 1864, in Ponta de Pedras beach.
- Saint Anthony Church (Igreja de Santo Antônio). Built in 1887, in Catuama beach.
- Saint Lawrence Church (Igreaja de São Lourenço), . Built in the 16th century.
- Ponta de Pedras beach
- Carne de Vaca beach
- Catuama beach
- Barra de Catuama beach
- Catamaran Boat Rides. Goiana river, Celeiro Island, Itamaracá Island.
- Aparauá EcoAventura . Environment and adventure sports (trekking, biking, mountain biking, rapel).
- Scuba Diving: Wrecks of the Nicolau Copérnico (1883) and the Vapor Bahia (1887) at Ponta de Pedras beach.
- Watch trained crabs offer you drinks at Buraco da Gia restaurant.
- Buraco da Gia. Rua Padre Batalha, 100; tel.: +55 81 3626-0150. Don't miss the trained crabs that offer you a drink!!!