- South Bend Airport
The South Bend Airport (SBN) is located about 35 miles northwest of the city center, in the very northern part of the State of Indiana and close to the border of Michigan. The airport has easy access to Interstate 80/90 and US 20/31. Serving as a multi-modal transportation complex for the region, SBN is the only non-hub airport in the United States featuring air, interstate rail, and interstate bus services at one multi-modal terminal location.
SBN's three air carriers (Allegiant, Continental, Delta. United/Continental)
provide non-stop flights to 9 cities: Atlanta, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, Las Vegas, Phoenix-Mesa, Minneapolis, Orlando/Sanford, and Tampa Bay/St.
Petersburg. SBN's multi-modal terminal serves over one million air, rail and
bus passengers each year.
- Goshen Municipal Airport on County Road 42 south of the city.
- Elkhart Municipal Airport 2246 Airport Dr., Elkhart, IN., 574-264-5217.
- Interstates 80 and 90 (also known as the Indiana Toll Road) makes Goshen easily accessible by car from the west and east. It connects to Chicago, in the west and Toledo, to the east. Exits for Goshen on the Indiana Toll Road would be County Road 17 (Elkhart East), State Road 15 (Bristol), or State Road 13 (Middlebury).
- U.S. 33 is an important highway, providing access primarily from places to the northwest and southeast. It connects to Fort Wayne, in the southeast and Elkhart, to the northwest.
- County Road 17 is an important expressway, providing access primarily from places to the north, it connects to Elkhart and places in Michigan such as US 12.
- Amtrak Elkhart Station - The nearest Amtrak station is located at 131 Tyler Avenue, Elkhart, IN 46515. It is a 20-30 minute drive to the northwest of Goshen. The Interurban Trolley has a stop near the station, one block north on Harrison Street, but the Interurban Trolley doesn't run late night or early mornings, when most trains arrive. Be prepared to phone for a cab or have someone meet you because transportation from the station to the city is limited. The station is part of Amtrak's Capitol Limited and Lakeshore Limited lines.
- South Shore Line, . Operated by the Northern Indiana Commuter Transit District. Offers regular electric rail service to/from downtown Chicago from South Bend. Train trips take approx. 2 hours and 20 minutes and fares hover around $10 each way.
By carDriving in and around Goshen by car is simple, with most streets being two way traffic. In the afternoon traffic becomes heavy on the main thoroughfares, such as US 33 and State Road 15, east-west traffic can be very heavy when trains are present.
- Interurban Trolley, a local inter-city, connects Goshen to the nearby cities of Elkhart and Mishawaka. The Interurban Trolley connects to South Bend-Mishiwaka region's TRANSPO bus system, which, in turn, connects the riders to the South Shore Line and South Bend Regional Airport.
Goshen is home to a fairly active downtown. Storefronts exist which sell food, cloths, and other unique niche items. Every First Friday of the month is home to Goshen First Friday's, a time where stores offer discounts, the city provides entertainment, and a large portion of Goshen and Elkhart County comes out to enjoy the festivities.
Concord Mall, located on the northwest side of the city, is a legacy-type enclosed mall. It is on US 33, northwest of CR 17 overpass, and has many national chains nearby it.
address: 900 Lincolnway East (US 33)
address: 2309 Lincolnway East (US 33)
address: 1930 Lincolnway East (US 33)
address: 1968 Lincolnway East (US 33)
address: 1415 Lincolnway East (US 33)
address: 2628 Lincolnway East (US 33)
- WNDU 16 NBC
- WSBT 22 CBS
- WCWW 25 CW
- WSJV 28 FOX
- WNIT 34 PBS
- WBND 57 ABC
- WMYS 69 My Network
- Goshen News Goshen daily newspaper.
- Elkhart Truth Is another daily newspaper for the area.
- The Paper Is a weekly free newspaper that is available on Tuesday.
phone: +1 574 533-9531address: 601 South 5th StreetFree wi-fi, internet terminals available.