Sourced from Wikivoyage. Text is available under the CC-by-SA 3.0 license.
Grande Recife or Regiao Metropolitana do Recife is a metropolitan region in northeastern Brazil.
Grande Recife is comprised of the following cities:
- , the capital city of Pernambuco
- , UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to Brazil's most authentic carnaval
- , home to Maria Farinha beach and Veneza Water Park
- , home to Brazil's oldest church and Latin America's largest collection of baroque paintings
- , where part of the Atlantic Forest Biosphere Reserve is located, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Island, home to beautiful beaches, the Ducth Fort Orange, colonial Vila Velha, and Engenho São Joao
- , for a pleasant, bucolic escape (cooler microclimate)
- , home to one of Brazil's largest brazil-wood reserves
- , home to Engenho Moreno
- , home to Piedade beach and the Monte Guararapes National Historic Park
- , home to beautiful beaches and colonial fortifications
- , home to acclaimed Porto de Galinhas beach, voted the best beach in Brazil
Recife's Guararapes International Airport.