HanauHesse, Germany and is famous as the birthplace of the Grimm brothers.
- The easiest way to get into Hanau would be via Frankfurt, whose Frankfurt International Airport lies only 30 kilometers away. Frankfurt main station can be reached by both S-Bahn and train. Other train stations are Westbahnhof (close to the city center), Wilhelmsbad Bahnhof and Nordbahnhof. The S-Bahn also stops in Steinheim.
- ICE stop: Frankfurt - Hannover - Hamburg, Frankfurt - Hildesheim - Berlin, Frankfurt - Leipzig - Dresden, Frankfurt - Würzburg - Nürnberg - München; Hanau was also served by Locomore - a private operator. Locomore filed for bankruptcy and ended all services in May 2017. The company hopes to be able to restart services by finding new investors..
- Reachable by car as sandwiched between the A3, A66 and A45
- The Hanauer Straßenbahn operates a well developed system of public buses. Freiheitsplatz is the central bus station, right in the city centre.
- There is a direct S-Bahn connection from the main station to Frankfurt and Wiesbaden. Via Frankfurt, many other nearby cities and towns can be reached by train. A train station in the city centre is Westbahnhof, from which a train to Frankfurt leaves every half an hour.
- Cycling is another option, since there are many bycicle lanes. Many of the main sights are also in walking distance from each other.
phone: +49 6181 256556address: Altstädter Markt 6German House of Goldsmiths (old town hall of Hanau)
address: Am MarktSculpture of brothers Grimm
address: Philippsruher Allee 47
Bad Wilhelmsbadaddress: Kesselstädter Str.Historic Spa of Wilhelmsbad, with site of historical carousel
address: Parkpromenade 4
- The farmer's market on the market square every Wednesday and Saturday is one of the biggest farmer's markets in Hesse and offers a wide choice of regional products.
- The newly opened Forum Hanau is a shopping centre directly next to the central bus station.
address: Wachenbuchener Str.Currywurst and Pommes
phone: +49 700 2220 0999address: Am Markt 21
address: Philippsruher Allee 22All kinds of drinks, including apple wine, and live music on Fridays and Saturdays.
address: Wilhelmstrasse 15aCheap drinks and regional food, occasional live music events.
Arcadia Hotel Hanauphone: +49 6181 30550address: Kurt-Blaum-Platz 6
phone: +49 6181 6640address: Steinheimer Vorstadt 70
phone: +49 6181 64880address: Von-Eiff-Straße 37-41