Sourced from Wikivoyage. Text is available under the CC-by-SA 3.0 license.
Hoima is in Western Uganda.
- Hoima is 225 km from Kampala and takes 4 hours on a bus along a good road.
- Link Bus Services has buses a every hour from 6.30am till 6pm from Hoima to Kampala. The bus fare from Kampala to Hoima is USh 13,000. there are also mini vans which go to and from Kampala.
- There are also mini vans from Hoima going to and from Fort Portal and Masindi. The roads from Hoima to Fort Portal and Masindi are not very good. the fare from Hoima to Fort Portal was USh 30,000 (Jan 2015). The fare from Hoima to Masindi is USh 10,000.
- There is a van a few times a day from Hoima to Lake Albert.
- Boda-Bada can take you any where in Hoima for USh 1000/3000.
Karuziika Palaceaddress: Butiaba Road
Kibero Salt Gardens and Hot Spring
Kenya Commercial BankHas a Visa Card/Mastercard ATM.
Peoples Supermarketaddress: Old fort portal road
Equity BankHas a Visa Card/Mastercard/American Express/Diners Club/JCB/Maestro ATM.
Stanbic BankHas a Visa Card/Mastercard ATM.
Hoima Public MarketBig public market.
Bank of AfricaCurrency exchange.
Yo Yo Restaurantaddress: High Streetlocal food. pot of tea. chips. breakfast. egg roll. sort drinks.
Court view Restaurantaddress: Old fort portal Roadpizzas . chicken & chips. tea. sort drink.
Kolping Society Guest Housephone: +256 772516421address: Butiaba RoadChurch-run guest house. Double rooms with own bathroom. Nice garden.
Bhojani Hotelphone: +256 712-737319Single/double rooms with shared bathroom.
Nsamo HotelSingle/double with own bathroom. Has 30 rooms.
- Hoima Pharmacy Old Fort Portal Road.
- Hoima Regional Referral Hospital has 280 beds.
Kampala or Masindi or Fort Portal