Ipswich (Massachusetts)Ipswich is a seaside town in Massachusetts.
- From the south, take Exit 50 on I-95 to US-1 North. After about 4.4 miles, turn right onto Ipswich Rd. Continue for 4 miles to arrive in downtown Ipswich.
- From the north, take Exit 54 on I-95 to route 133 then turn left. Continue on 133 East for about 7 miles to arrive in downtown Ipswich.
- Mass Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) provides rail service between Ipswich and Boston via the Newburyport/Rockport line The fare is $6.75.
- Logan International Airport in Boston and Manchester-Boston Regional Airport Manchester, New Hampshire.
phone: +1 978-356-4351address: Argilla RoadHistorical estate and nature preserve.
address: 54 South Main StreetHistoric houses and more.
address: 114 Essex RoadHour long presentations Sa,Su 1:30PM (weather permitting). See wolves and learn about them.
Crane Beachphone: +1 978-356-4354address: Argilla RoadA 1200 acre reservation of beachfront, dunes and maritime forests with 5.5 miles of raised boardwalk trails. Crane Beach's annual sand sculpture competition "Sandblast!" is held every August. In-season: Lifeguards and rangers, bike rack, bathhouses with toilets and changing area, outside showers, Store (refreshments and merchandise), picnic tables, drinking water fountains, transportation for mobility-impaired and challenged visitors. Off-season: portable toilets.
address: Linebrook RoadHiking, mountain biking and cross-country skiing on 40 miles of trails, fishing and boating on Hood Pond.
Arts & Culture
IpswichArts.comOfficial Arts & Culture Website : Ipswich, Massachusetts
- Historic Ipswich. With more First Period houses than any town in the country, Ipswich is America's best-preserved Puritan town, and prides itself on being the "Birthplace of American Independence." The Town Historian publishes a popular website and leads historic tours throughout the warmer months.
Ipswich PotteryFine pottery
Mimi GiftsArtful gifts for you and your home
OtisreinA variety of media including hand-painted ceramics, wood-block prints, and oil paintings
address: 51 Linebrook RoadRestaurant & Tavern. Lunch, Dinner. Built in 1640, the house, originally one-room, is one of the oldest in the country.
phone: +1 978 356-2931address: 3 South Main Street
address: 40 Essex Rd
address: 25 Hammatt Street
address: 141 High Street
address: 10 Central St
phone: +1 978 356-9707address: 246 High StreetFried seafood of all New England types.
Inn At Castle Hilladdress: 280 Argilla Rd
Arbor Inn Moteladdress: 153 High St
Paws with Inn Tooaddress: 189 High St