IrrawaddyMyanmar covering the Ayeyarwady River (Irrawaddy River) delta.
- (Rangoon) was the capital of Myanmar until it was superseded by Naypyidaw in November 2005
- (Pegu) - uncountable Buddhist temples
- (Bassein) - the capital of Ayeyarwady Division
- - historical port town close to Yangon.
- - delta town famous for its pottery.
- - the site of the war cemetery with the graves of more than 6,000 Allied soldiers who perished in Burma during WWII.
Ayeyarwady Region is served by Pathein Airport (BSX) and Yangon International Airport (RGN)
- Cape Negrais: this headland west of the Irrawaddy Delta is a landmark with scenic beaches and grand cliffs.