Jalpaiguri is a city in North Bengal in India.
- Bagdogra Airport is about 48 km from the main city of Jalpaiguri. This airport has flights from Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Bangalore, Guwahati, Kathmandu, Par and Bangkok.
- Netaji Subhash Central Bus Terminus has bus service to all places within West Bengal.
- The North Bengal State Transport Depot beside NBST offers government-operated buses to destinations all over the state.
- Kadamtala Bus Terminus- There are private and government buses operating super (1-stop) and non stop buses to Siliguri and Kolkata.
- Bowbazaar Bus Stop- Buses to Haldibari are available from here.
By roadThe main town of Jalpaiguri is just beside National Highway 31D, which connects Assam and the entire North East to the rest of India. Jalpaiguri is about 42 kilometers from Siliguri.
A state highway begins at Jalpaiguri, connecting to Haldibari, near the border of Bangladesh.
- The Jalpaiguri City railway station (0 km. away), New Jalpaiguri railway station (35 km away), Jalpaiguri Road Railway Station (3 km. away), Mohitnagar railway station (4.5 km. away) and the Jalpaiguri Junction railway station (7 km. away) from the main city centre serves the city. These have trains from all over India.
Jalpaiguri Railway Stationaddress: Ststion rd. Jalpaiguri
NBSTC TerminusNetaji Subhas Central Terminus is next to it
Jubilee Parkaddress: DM Office RdJubilee Park is situated on the bank of River Teesta. There is a garden with different flowering plants. There is a wooden statue of an elephant. The park also offers beautiful views during sunrise and sunset.
Teesta Udyanaddress: DM Office Rd
Rajbari Palaceaddress: RaikatparaPalace of Baiknthapur Estate. The building was constructed in the early years of twentieth century in place of the old palace made by Raja Jayantadev Raikot.
Jalpesh templeaddress: Maynaguri RoadThe massive 126 feet high and 120 feet wide Shiva temple, built in the 9th century, was actually destroyed and rebuilt many times. It looks like a mosque because it was designed by a Muslim architect. The ideal time to visit is July and August, in monsoon, because of the mighty "BoleBom" festival; and in March and April, during the Shivaratri.
Panchmukhi Balaji templeaddress: Maskalaibari
Karala riversideaddress: SamajparaKarala, a small river, flows through the middle of the town bisecting it into two halves.
Jogmaya Kalibariaddress: Temple Street
Sarojendra Deb Raikat Kala Kendraaddress: Hakimpara
Tea GardensThese are very near to Jalpaiguri city and are worth a visit.
Town Club GroundWatch football matches
- Pedal boat at Teesta Udyan
- Pedal boat at Eco City
- Hotel Ratnadeep in club road
- D'la Pritam in Kadamtala.
- Motorist Inn on Jalpaiguri-Siliguri road.
- Street chats (puchkas, momos, jhal muri etc) at Dinbazar.
- Motorist Inn in Jalpaiguri-Siliguri road.
- Chandni bar at highway
D'la Pritamaddress: Kadamtala
Eco Cityaddress: Jalpiguri Siliguri RoadResort is covered with tea garden. All rooms have AC, 24 hrs room service, doctor on call, laundry, 24 hrs light
address: 6-49/139, D.B.C. Road, Kadamtala
phone: +91 3561 222501-2address: Club Road/Main Road
Prantik Lodgeaddress: Kather Bridge, Jalpaiguri Road