JiangmenJiangmen is a prefecture-level city in Guangdong Province, just west of Zhuhai.
- (台山) - small and beautiful city, ancestral home of many American Chinese, 140 km west of Hong Kong
By busThere are many bus stations:
Jiangmen General Bus Stationphone: +86 750 3881888address: 139 Jianshe 3rd Road, Pengjiang District (蓬江区建设三路139号)Jiangmen's main bus station. The station is located in the north of the city, presumably to avoid the need for buses headed west, north, or east to travel through the town.
Xinhui General Bus Stationphone: +86 750 6788600address: 3 Xinhui Avenue, Xinhui District (新会区新会大道中3号)
There are buses from the nearby towns Zhuhai and Zhongshan or provincial capital Guangzhou. CKS runs a daily ferry connection with Macau.
To travel to Jiangmen from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport, you can take the Intercity Bus. The first bus leaves at 08:50.
By trainThe east-west spur of the Zhuhai-Guangzhou intercity railway has 2 stations in Jiangmen:
Jiangmen East Railway Stationaddress: 江海区五邑路 (Wuyi Road, Jianghai DistrictUntil 2017, this station was known as Jiangmen Railway Station.
Xinhui Railway Stationaddress: Xinhui Avenue, Xinhui District (新会区新会大道)
- Trains run at top speeds of 200-240 km/h (125-150 mph). 20% of the trains are express trains that skip stations for even faster transit time.
- Depending on the train, the trip from Guangzhou to either of them takes 30-50 min; the fare is ¥36-45.
- At the Guangzhou, Shunde, Foshan, Zhongshan and Zhuhai stations, 80% of the trains run north-south but 20% branch off to the east-west line. You also have the option of taking a north-south line and transferring at Xiaolan (Zhongshan) station.
- From Macau, the Zhuhai station is 500 m west of the Gongbei/Portas do Cerco border crossing.
As of 2018, there is one direct train from Beijing (D921, Beijing-Guangzhou-Zhanjiang) that stops at Xinhui station in Jiangmen. It is one of the comparatively few overnight high-speed trains with sleeping berths that operate in China. It leaves Beijing at 20:30 in the evening, crosses the entire country overnight, and stops at Xinhui at 07:33 in the morning. A second-class seat (二等座 ) is ¥754; a sleeping berth (动卧) is ¥1430.
In 2018, the railway was expanded from Jiangmen farther southwest, to Taishan, Kaiping, Maoming and Zhanjiang. Service from Jiangmen to points west is less frequent than between Guangzhou and Jiangmen.
Kaiping Watchtowersaddress: KaipingThe construction of the Kaiping Watchtowers began in the early Qing Dynasty, and a lot of construction took place in the 1920s and 1930s. These towers were built as defense against bandits. There are many towers, they are mostly beyond Kaiping from the direction of Jiangmen so you are better off staying in Kaiping or it will be a very long day.
Tea Hut Park
Aofong Hilladdress: EnpingAo mountain tourist area in Enping District of Beijiao, has 150-m-high, majestic mountains. Known as the ancient stone mountain.
Shangchuan and XiaChuan Islands
Fortuna Spa Resort
Guifeng Mountain National Forest Park
Jiangmen Wuyi Overseas Chinese Museum
The new citrusHalf-fermented soft citrus peel is a local specialty. It tastes very sour/tart and is typically consumed in small quantities with tea.