Kent Island is in the Chesapeake Bay at the eastern end of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and is quickly becoming a popular tourist destination in Maryland. Kent Island is a great place to sample authentic Maryland seafood, take a historic stroll, or enjoy a trip out on the Chesapeake.
From Washington, take U.S. 50 east towards Annapolis, or if you're coming from the Baltimore area, take I-97 south to U.S. 50 east. Then, from Annapolis, follow U.S. 50 east towards the Bay Bridge (toll for the bridge is $4 eastbound only, as of July 2019). After crossing the bridge, you're there! Exits 37 and 41 provide access to the island's major tourist attractions.
- Bay Bridge Airport (FAA:w29) is a small, regional airport with no scheduled commercial flights. Private planes park within walking distance of Hemmingway's restaurant and Kent Island Depot (a deli). Taxis, rental cars, aircraft rental, flight training, and aircraft maintenance are available
- Kentmorr Airpark (FAA:3W3) http://www.3w3.us/ is a small grass airstrip with no scheduled commercial flights. Private planes park within walking distance of the Kentmorr Restaurant & Crabhouse and the Kentmorr Marina. Cab transportation to town is also available.
- Historic Stevensville, along the southern part of Love Point Road and East Main Street in Stevensville. Kent Island's historic downtown area has restored historic buildings, preserving its 19th-century small-town feel. The area also offers shopping and dining. To get there, take Exit 37 to Route 8 north, then follow the signs to Stevensville and Historic Stevensville.
- Terrapin Park, off Skipjack Parkway in Stevensville. A nature park that offers beautiful views of nature, the Chesapeake Bay, and the Bay Bridge. To get there, take Exit 37 to Route 8 north, turn left onto Skipjack Parkway, then turn left onto Bateau Drive.
Chesapeake Bay Bridge WalkChesapeake Bay Bridge. The Bay Bridge Walk offers a unique opportunity to take a 4.3-mile walk across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, the longest bridge in Maryland. The walk is usually held the first Sunday of May, but it's not held every year, so check in advance.
address: 202 Island Plaza
address: 500 Kent Narrows Way N, GrasonvilleAlso serves seafood.
Fisherman's Inn and Crab Deckphone: +1 410 827-6666 (crab deck), +1 410 827-8807 (restaurant)address: 316 Main St, Grasonville
address: 357 Pier One Road, Stephensville
address: 910 Kentmorr Road, StevensvilleOffers inside and outside dining and also features both inside and outside bars. There is a nice sandy beach behind the restaurant, open to public.
address: 401 Love Point RoadItalian
- No Place Bar Love Point Rd, Stevensville.
Ram's Head Shore Housephone: +1 410 643-2466address: 800 Main Street, Stevensville
Red Eyes Dock Barphone: +1 410 827-EYESaddress: Kent Narrows, Grasonville
The Big Owl Tiki Barphone: +1 410 827-6523address: 3015 Kent Narrows Way South, Grasonville
Comfort Innaddress: 3101 Main Street, Grasonville
Hilton Garden Innphone: +1 410 827-3877address: 3206 Main Street, Grasonville
Holiday Inn Expressaddress: 1020 Kent Narrows Rd. Grasonville
address: 500 Kent Manor Drive, Stevensville(for lodging). A pricey, yet beautiful, country inn just off of Route 8 near the Bay Bridge Airport, and across Route 50 from Historic Stevensville. Nice restaurant, too.
phone: +1 410-984-7618address: Stevensville MD