- - the capital of the division and a gateway to Sundarbans
- - original home of the Bengali saint, Lalon Shah
- - a lively town and another base for excursions into the Sundarbans
- - you're likely to stop here en route to or from Kolkata, India.
- - a town on the Indian border
- - famous for Shait Gumbad Mosque and other historical sites
- - the largest littoral mangrove in the world.
Famous for its thriving shrimp industry and the Sundarbans.
HistoryDuring the Pakistan period Khulna division included the Barisal Division then as district of East Pakistan.
Coming from Kolkata you're likely to arrive in this division. The border town of Benapole is the most used, and has a couple of hotels but if you can it's more pleasant to forge on and stay in Jessore.
- Go fishing with otters in Narail District