KorlaSilk Road in Xinjiang Province in China.
By planeKorla Airport is a short cab ride away. Flights are available only from Urumqi.
By trainKorla Railway Station is at the southeast corner of the city.
- Kashgar - takes about 14 hours
- Urumqi - takes about 10 hours
By busThe Bus Station is at Beishan Road.
- Hotan - takes about 26 hours
- Kashgar - takes about 18 hours
- Kuqa - takes about 4 hours
- Ruoqiang - takes about 6 hours
- Urumqi - takes about 8 hours
- Yining - takes about 30 hours
- Bosten Lake. 57 km away from Korla. One of the biggest fresh water lake in China. Possible to swim. Trip with Longxin Youth Hostel cost ¥600 for a 6-person van (possible to negotiate).
Korla - Longxing Youth Hostelphone: +86 996-2112366address: Xinhua Road (500 m from railway station), Korla, Xinjiang, 841000 (新疆库尔勒市新华路 （火车站 500米）处）The hostel is located on the 4th floor a building 500 m from the Korla railway station along the main street that starts in front of the railway station. The shared bathrooms are awful and most are broken. It's ¥40 for a bed in a 4-bed dorm. No English spoken. It's still a good option for backpackers traveling alone. The owner is very nice and likes to take tenants for tours, unfortunately no english spoken. Cell phone number: 13899065488
Bayinguoleng Hotelphone: +86 996 2022118address: Renmin East Road