KushinagarKushinagar is a city in Uttar Pradesh in India. It is the holy site of the Buddha Shakyamuni's death.
By roadKushinagar is connected to Lucknow by the NH-28.
Buses between Gorakhpur and Kushinagar are frequent and take around 2 hours.
Matha Kuar Shrine
Yama CafeThe owner, Mr. Roy, is an old-timer at Kushinagar and can advise on many things there.
- Restaurant at Pathik Niwas
- Dhabas near Mahaparinirvana Temple
Tibetan Monasteryboth donation and by payment available
Japanese-Sri Lankan TempleProbably one of the first modern temples, established in 1984. Guest house stay by donation. The temple gate opens between 7am to 5pm, so you can visit and ask if empty room is available. The main hall is designed and built by Japanese and transferred to Sri Lankan management.
Pathik NiwasUttar Pradesh tourism.
Lotus Nikko HotelThis is a well-managed hotel with comfortable rooms.
- Wear clothing that expresses respect for the sacred nature of the site.
- Circumambulate (Walk all the way arround) the stupas and other sacred objects in a clockwise direction.
- Preserve the peace and tranquillity.
- Do not climb onto statues or other sacred objects.