Laconia is a region in the southeastern part of the Peloponnese
- — This historic city has a population of 10,000. It has two main arteries which make navigation really easy. To the west of the City is the beautiful, rugged Mt. Taygetos.
- — A small fishing village. Nice seafood restaurants with plenty of beaches in the area mostly frequented by locals. Nearby Caves of Dyros is a large limestone cave system which is toured on a boat. Here you will find the point where Helen of Troy is said to have started the Trojan War. "The woman who launched a thousand ships."
- — The Rock of Gibraltar of Greece. Really pretty with an ancient walled city.
- — The seat of a medieval Frankish fiefdom of the Principality of Achaea at the western slopes of Mount Parnon. The village has several Byzantine-era churches.
- — A small (population approx. 400), beautiful village, combining sea and mountains. Ideal for mountain ramblers.
- — The Byzantine city of Mystras is a short 15 minute ride away from Sparta. This has relics worthy of a visit. There is a museum in Sparta housing some artifacts.
- — A popular hiking destination.