Lakhimpur is in Assam, India
Lakhimpur is well connected by roads from the rest of Assam.
This place can also be entered by train or by air. The Nakari Railway Station is the place to get in when coming by rail. The airport is in Lilabari.
Padumani ThanPadumani Than is a visit worthy temple in Lakhimpur, which has a story to tell. Not far away from North Lakhimpur town, it can be reached via the national highway that passes through Lakhimpur.
Basudev ThanBasudev Than is located in the Dhakuakhana sub-division. Established in the 17th century, this place is worth visiting for history lovers, religion lovers and anyone interested in visiting a peaceful place.
Satajan WetlandsThis is a home for many migratory birds, thus making it worth visiting by nature enthusiasts and also for those who simply want to enjoy nature, or have a picnic nearby.
Ganesh Mandirsee lord Ganesha on a ship! Shiva Mandir and Durga Mandir are also worth visiting.
- Drive around the place, which is full of greenery and get lost in nature
- Spend an evening in the Gandhi park or other parks, enjoying
- Explore the traditional villages, knowing about the various cultures and understanding the richness of North-East Indian culture, particularly Lakhimpurian culture
- Visit the historically rich temples, knowing their history, value, and what makes them an attraction to visit
- Visit the namghars, enjoy the Vaishnavite culture prevalent in the place
- Visit the tea gardens and smell the environment
- Local clothes like silken Mekhela Sadors
- Typical Assamese dishes, with low oil
- Mishing cuisine
- Foreign food, including English, Chinese etc. are available
- Characteristic Indian food is also quite popular
- Many hotels are available, like A&A2, Nondikeshore etc.
- Read at the District Library