Place de la Liberation.
Tourists are rarely seen here, creating a quite hassle-free and friendly atmosphere.
Gare RoutièreMany buses on the Tanger-Rabat-Case route pass Larache. From the Gare Routière walk north to the city center.
For the outskirts, petite taxis are available.
- The ruins of Lixus are about 8 km (5 miles) from Larache on non-motorway route to Asilah.
- The Kasbah, a 16th-century Portuguese construction that's crumbling down but has good views of the ocean.
- Fortress of the stork
- The Medina
- Nuestra Señora Del Pilar's church
- Archaeological museum
- Stroll the waterfront or join the locals on a swim at the harbor's stone barriers.
- Enjoy the filled streets after sunset to 10PM, grab a tea in one of the cafes around Place de la Liberation.
Furthermore, there are a couple of great sandwich places including one of the best shawarmas in Morocco (see OSM-map).
Bakeries and juice stores are also available.
BudgetThere are many budget hotels and pensions that cluster south of the Place de la Liberation, rooms without bathroom start around 40 dirham.
Hotel MalagaSimple, but clean and large rooms. Some have balconies.
Hotel Hay Essalamphone: +212 539916822address: 9 avenue Hassan IISpacious and clean rooms, also has wifi & air-conditioning. Cheaper to book directly than online.
Hotel EspanaAlso has wifi.
Cafe Triana) have free wifi services.
There are also a couple of cyber cafes.