Leeds/East LeedsLeeds between the river Aire (to the south), Easterley and Wetherby Roads, Leeds City Centre and the villages of Elmet and the Aire valley. Many of the districts of East Leeds are among the city's and country's poorest, but there are various major attractions in the area, and a range of different vibrant multicultural communities. Major areas covered in this guide are:
- Burmantofts - some of the country's most deprived inner city estates (including the notorious Lincoln Green), also home to the largest teaching hospital in Europe (St James')
- East End Park, Osmondthorpe & Halton Moor - largely impoverished areas south of York Road, adjacent to the Temple Newsam estate
- Cross Gates - busy shopping district with good train links to the city centre
- Colton, Halton and Whitkirk - lively, urban estates, south of Cross Gates
- Garforth - pleasant and busy suburb
- Harehills - thriving multicultural area with numerous shops and eateries. One of the most deprived areas of the country
- Gipton - deprived council estate, between Harehills and Seacroft
- Seacroft - one of Europe's largest council estates, famous for its windmill and shopping centre
- Swillington - a small quiet village with two social clubs, a brand new primary school and an historical church that dates back to the 17th century.
East Leeds is covered by the LS8, LS9, LS14, LS15, LS25 and LS26 postcodes.
address: East LeedsCountry mansion, wonderful parkland and rare breeds visitor farm (excellent for kids) - all within the city boundary!
Lotherton HallDeer park, extensive and interesting bird garden, historic hall and café. Museum.
address: Swillington Park Fishing, Coach Road, Swillington, Leeds, LS26 8QAJust outside of Leeds, Swillington Park is a complex of fishing lakes created in the 18th century which is now a popular modern venue for all anglers..
phone: +44 113 248 0887address: York Road, East LeedsRegular concerts from a variety of different types of musical acts.
Rockford'saddress: 859 York Road, LS14 6AXWonderful traditional fish & chip shop just up York Road from the Asda supermarket, immediately before Halfords.
Famous Pizzaaddress: 206 York Road, LS9 9LNPizza and curry house, great range and pizzas in particular are superb.
Swillington Fisheriesaddress: 1 Neville Grove, LS26 8QNTraditional fish and chips run by friendly locals.
address: Wakefield Road, LS26 8PZBridge Farm is a family-run 18th-century coaching house which is situated within easy access to M1, M62, M621 and A1M motorways and is approximately 5 miles (8 km) from Leeds City Centre.