LezheAlbania and part of the historic Mirdita region. Development has brought seaside hotels and countryside guesthouses.
Lezhë is about 8 km from the excellent beach of Shengjin (Saint-Gean), about 30 km south of Shkodra, and 50 km north of Tirana. With the newer construction of the SH1 motorway that goes aside this city, it is nicely connected with major cities.
Lezhë bus stationMost buses and furgons arrive and depart from this little square. There are signs indicating where to wait for which destination. Furgons to Rreshen and Laç leave from the center of town.
- From Tirana one can catch a bus from the bus station near Zogu i Zi. It departs every hour on the hour during the day and costs 250 lek.
- From Durrës, there are two direct buses per day to Lezhë from the main bus station.
- From Shkodra, it's easiest to take a furgon from Sheshi Demokracia headed for Tirana and ask beforehand if you can be dropped off in Lezhë.
- From cities in the south either change in Tirana or catch a bus/furgon to Shkodra and ask the driver if he can stop in Lezhë.
- If you are coming from the Northeast, you may have to get off in Milot and transfer to another vehicle.
Lezhë train stationaddress: Rruga e Stacionit
There is one daily train that runs from Shkodra to Durrës and back that stops here, however the timetable is unknown, and service is intermittent because of the national rail company's continuous financial trouble.
To get to villages or to the beach at Shengin, take a group van from the parking lot just past the bridge in the center of town.
Kalaja e LezhësAge-old castle used by many civilisations. Beautiful 360˚ view of Lezhë, the Adriatic sea and the mountains. There are a few information panels in and around the castle in English.
Skanderbeg MemorialMausoleum of Skanderbeg, the national hero of Albania, who died in Lezhë in 1468. The place was both a church and a mosque at different points in history. As of December 2016, it was not possible to go inside the mausoleum, but one can take a peek through the doors and walk all around.
Ruins of LissosRemains of the old city of Lissos which has been ruled by many empires. There are a couple information panels in English around. As elsewhere in Albania, not much effort is put into preservation, and as such you can walk around the site freely unhindered by fences, or rules.
- Kisha Zoja Nunciata: 800-year-old Franciscan Church on the hill overlooking town.
- Katerdrale Shen Nikollit: Newly built modern cathedral in the town's center.
- Shengjin Beach and surrounding wetlands reserve and birdwatching area of Kune-Vain-Tale
- The famous hunting lodge in Ishull Lezhe.
- Take part in the annual Emigrant Day in mid-August in Lezhe!
- Kayak along the Fan River
- Visit Kthelle Regional Nature Park off the A1 Motorway
- Visit the Gurra Domgjon natural water source
- Refresh yourself with the cold and pure water of the Mirdita highlands
- Zadrimore textiles weaved with looms
- Ceramic pottery
phone: +355 68 2947771address: Lagja Sake, ShengjinItalian-Albanian fusion
phone: +355 69 2108032address: Fishte VillageNamed after the title of an Albanian writer and priest's book, this restaurant features all organic specialties of the Kallmet and Zadrime area.
- Fresh seafood in the seaside village of Shengjin.
phone: +355 68 226 7107address: Vaini Lagoon, Ishull LezheTraditional local cuisine
- Traditional restaurants in the hamlet of Katund i Vjeter, Rubik
- Try local wines from the Kallmet region.
- Rambuje hotel -Ishull lezhe +355698192320 very calming spot.
phone: +355 67 380 7207address: Barbullush village, BushatThis campsite is run by an Albanian-Dutch family and welcomes all types of campers. It is in Barbullush village in the Bushat municipality, 10 km north of Lezhe. The environment is beautiful, countryside with views over the beautiful mountains. The camping is basic and clean according to western standards. They have a good buffet restaurant and small swimming pool. Free wifi all over the campsite.
phone: +355 68 207 7424address: Katund i Vjeter, Rubik