Los Llanos (Venezuela)
Los Llanos is the vast plains region covering much of central and southwestern Venezuela.
Venezuela's Llanos is sparsely populated, mostly by tough farmers and cowboys living off the region's main activity, extensive cattle-ranching.
- Amazing wildlife including anacondas, the ubiquitous capybaras and caimans, hundreds of bird species, and the much rarer jaguars and anteaters. This is also the last stronghold of the Orinoco Crocodile.
- Stunning flat landscapes.
- Go on a plains safari from at one of the ranches in the region.
- Dance to joropo - the traditional Llanos music.
- Chiguire, or capybara, meat.
- Venezuela's best beef
phone: +58 414 3254188, +58 414 468874address: At km 51 of the Calabozo-San Fernando de Apure national highway, right at the entrance to the town of Corozopando, Guarico state
phone: +58 251 269-2304 (Reservations), +58 273 552-3208 (Posada)address: On the San Silvestre-San Rafael de Canaguá road in Barinas state, 60 minutes from the state capital.
phone: +58 240 8083662, +58 416 5409420An excellent ranch and biological station
phone: +58 212 7818995address: Near Mantecal, in the lower Llanos of Apure
phone: +58 212 991-8935,+58 212 9910079address: In the central Llanos, southwestern Cojedes
Hato Araguaquénaddress: in Cunaviche