MaasinEastern Visayas and the capital of Southern Leyte. It is located at the southern tip of Leyte island.
One of its claims to fame is that the current (since 2016) popular but controversial President of the Philippines, Rodriguo Duterte, was born there. His family have long been important in local politics.
By planeYou can now fly from Maasin to/from Cebu city with Air Juan. There are also Airports near Maasin at Ormoc or Tacloban.
- Maasin to Cebu City by Cokaliong Shipping lines.
- There is also a ferry from Maasin to/from Ubay on Bohol Island.
- there is now a Weesam Express fast ferry to/from maasin to Cebu City.
By bus & minivan
- There is direct bus trips from Manila to Massin at the Ali Mall terminal in Cubao, Quezon City and Pasay City.
- There are buses and Minivans between Maasin and Sogod via Bato. Baybay, Ormoc, Tacloban
- Philtranco Bus lines has two buses a day to/from Manila via Tacloban and Legazpi City.
- Busay Falls
- Guinsohotan Falls
- Maasin Cathedral
- Monte Cueva Shrine
- Bogo Bird Paradise
Gaisano Metro Hiper & metro Supermarkethas a food court.
phone: +63 53-570-8008address: Bantug Street
Metro Bankaddress: Garces StrretHas a 24-hour Master Card/Visa Card ATM.
PNB Bankaddress: Juan Luna StrretHas a 24-hour Visa Card ATM.
address: R kangleon streetServes breakfast from 7AM-11AM
Alberto's Pizzaphone: +63-53-5708885address: Espina Streetvery good low cost pizza.
phone: +63 53-5708481address: T Opus Street.43 single and double rooms each with an electric fan or air conditioning, en suite and cable TV.
Ampil pensionnephone: +63 53 570-8084address: tomas oppus streetFan single, fan double, a/c double.
Southern Comfort Pensionne.phone: +63 53 570-8514address: Demetrio StreetAir-conditioned single and double rooms of different sizes all with own bathrooms and cable TV.
DW Pensionephone: +63 53-5708362address: Barangay AbgaoLarge fan room with balcony.