- To reach Majuli islands one has to reach Neamati Ghat through rickshaws or shared taxis available from Jorhat town. At Neamati Ghat, Ferry rides are available from 8:30 am to 16:00 pm. The ferries can get crowded quickly, it might be advisable to get there a bit early than departure times.
- Hire a Sumo Taxi to visit all Satras by bargaining the rates to 60-70% of the offered amount.
- Return Ferries are available from Kamalabari Ghat till 15:00 pm.
- Due to the long ferry ride and early arrival back, you might want to spend more than one night on Majuli
- Rent a bicycle or a motorbike
- View of endless river from the front of Ferry
- The endless island view at Kamalabari Ghat
- Dakhinpat Satra
- Garamurh Satra
- Auniati Satra
- Kamalabari Satra
- Benegenaati Satra
- Shamaguri Satra
- Missing Village Life
- Slightly down the road from Garmur Sutra Market is a very nice pot to see the sunset.
- Enjoy a long ferry ride of 1.5 hr from Neamati Ghat to Kamalabari Ghat.
- A group lunch on the island on the bank of Brahmaputra river. Take lunch from home due to less facilities available there.
- Watch the Ali-ai-ligang festival in Feb-March.
- Watch the Migratory birds at southeast, southwest and northern part of island.
- Watch Pottery making
- Watch Mask making
- Paal Namm festival in the end of winter
Komal SaulKomal saul is a unique type of rice from Assam that can be eaten without cooking. It is rendered fluffy and edible by being soaked in water for a short time. The rice may be eaten with milk or curd, jaggery, yogurt after being immersed in warm water for just 15-20 minutes.
Bora saulBora saul is a variety of glutinous rice found in Assam. It has an important role in Assamese traditional occasions like Bihu. It is used in Jolpan (snacks) and Pitha (ricecake or pancake). Soaked and ground bora saul is used in preparing Pitha. Boiled bora saul is served as Jolpan with curd or milk, jaggery or sugar.
Circuit House Garamurphone: +91 3775-274439address: Garamur8 two-bedded rooms and 2 VIP suites
Prashanti Eco Tourism Resort (Assam Tourism Development Corporation)phone: +91 9435734138address: KamalabariThe lodge is operated by Department of Tourism and Assam Tourism Development Corporation Limited.
Majuli Information Centerphone: +91-9490069000