Sourced from Wikivoyage. Text is available under the CC-by-SA 3.0 license.
Marblehead is a village in Ohio Erie shore west. It is on the Marblehead Peninsula, which divides Lake Erie from the Sandusky Bay.
Marblehead is about an hour east of Toledo and 1½ hours west of Cleveland. From Sandusky it takes about 20 minutes.
Kelleys Island Ferryphone: +1 419 798-9763address: 510 W Main Street
- Dempsey's Access, CR 136 (Bayshore Rd.) at CR 140.
- East Harbor State Park, N. Buck Rd. (off SR 269) +1 419-734-4424
- Mazurik Access, Northshore Blvd. (off SR 163)
- Anchors Away, 5925 Saylor Rd. +1 419-734-1395
- Bay Point Marina, 10948 E. Bayshore Rd. +1 419-798-4434
- Marina Del Isle, 6801 E. Harbor Rd. +1 419-732-2587
- South Beach Resort Marina, 8620 E. Bayshore Rd. +1 419-798-5503
- Tibbels Marina, 6365 East Harbor Rd. (SR 163), +1 419-734-1143
From OH 2, exit at OH 269 and head north. The northern terminus of OH 269 is at the exit of East Harbor State Park.
From Port Clinton, follow OH 163 east. OH 163 circles the peninsula.
Johnson's Island Prison CemeteryImportant Civil War officers prison was on-site. It is only the cemetery has been preserved, but it is worth a visit particularly for those interested in history.
The Keepers Houseaddress: 9999 E. Bayshore DrBuilt in 1822, it was the residence of the first three lighthouse keepers.
Marblehead Lighthousephone: +1 419 734-4424address: 110 Lighthouse DriveClimb to the top for a great view. There is also a mini-museum in the Keeper's House
phone: +1 419 734-5856address: 6732 E Harbor RdLarge display of an operating multi-gauge model railroad.
Fort FirelandsReplica frontier fort. Houses the Museum of Flint and Stone
Monsoon Lagoon Water Park & Family Fun Centerphone: +1 419 732-6671address: 1530 N. Danbury Rd(SR 269). Call for hours. Seasonal.
East Harbor State Park Beachaddress: 1169 N. Buck Rd(off SR 269)
- Sportsman Charter Services, East Harbor State Park Marina, +1 419 798-4720
Tibbels Charter Servicephone: +1 419 734-1143address: 6965 East Harbor Rd
Lakeside ChautauquaThe village of Lakeside is a gated community (June-Sept) on the north shore Marblehead Peninsula. It is one of three remaining Chautauqua communities in the United States. Chautauqua was a movement started in the 1800s to provide adult education on important issues as well as entertainment. Today Lakeside is a vibrant community which offers family-oriented entertainment, concerts, and recreation, lectures and clubs throughout the summer. The village has a number of restaurants, shops, churches, parks and businesses within. Visitors are welcome to purchase a day pass. Others choose to stay longer - the village has cabins, houses, and a hotel with rooms for rent for a day, week or even the entire summer.
phone: +1 419 798-5151address: St Rt 163Yarn shop, clothing, gifts, souvenirs, and gifts
Furry Paws & Fancy Stuffphone: +1 419 635-6369Grooming and pet products.
Ex Libris Bookshopphone: +1 419 798-4495address: 110 W Main StBooks to buy or borrow.
Mels Crows Nest Restaurant and Loungephone: +1 419 734-1742address: 2170 N. Buck Rd
Bruno's Pizzeriaphone: +1 419 798-1000address: 726 W Main St
phone: +1 419 960-7030address: 5831 E Harbor Rd
phone: +1 419 798-4635address: 530 Hidden Beach
address: 236 Walnut Ave
address: 8629 E Northshore Blvd
South Beach Resorts Hoteladdress: 8620 E Bayshore Rd
address: 230 E Main St
- East Harbor State Park, Northeast part of Ottawa County on the north part of Catawba Island, off of Route 63, on the shores of Lake Erie. 365 electric sites, 205 non-electric sites, showers, flush toilets, dump station, launch ramp, camp store, pet camping, two Rent-A-RV units on full-service sites, two deluxe camper cabins, dock rentals, restaurant, marina, fishing, hunting, 7-mile trail, volleyball, basketball, horseshoe courts, playground equipment and a 1,500-foot sand beach.
Marblehead Peninsula Branch Libraryphone: +1 419-798-0477address: 710 W Main St
phone: +1-419-798-4153address: 1306 W Main St
- Johnsons Island. The island is accessible by car from Marblehead. During the American Civil War Johnson's island was used as a POW camp. The cemetery is the only part of the island open to the public, and there is a $2 charge to use the causeway.
- Cedar Point Amusement Park is just across the bay from the eastern part of Marblehead. If possible, take a private boat to one of the marinas on the island and bypass all of the traffic.
- Kelleys Island is a 20-minute ferry ride from Marblehead.
- Port Clinton